Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dracula Draw....

Dracula Draw....

Offered with no comment.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Steve Fisher credits Dave Spaulding and Dave Spaulding says he got it from Jack Manfre at Chicago PD. What little I have tried it "For Me" it wasn't working anywhere as smooth as my normal draw stroke. Maybe my build of extremely long arms and wide shoulders that works against me here. YMMV.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Steve Fisher credits Dave Spaulding and Dave Spaulding says he got it from Jack Manfre at Chicago PD. What little I have tried it "For Me" it wasn't working anywhere as smooth as my normal draw stroke. Maybe my build of extremely long arms and wide shoulders that works against me here. YMMV.
    Thanks for the feedback. I was hesitating on 'hating' on it, b/c I know nothing about this draw, but it looked like it was begging for a problem with the off hand coming together or just having an unpredictable outcome with certain shirt weights, etc, no?

I don't see that being consistent unless all your shirts are exactly the same.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This wouldn't work for me, since it's often too windy for me to leave the front of my shirt/jacket unbuttoned completely. I found a draw method from one of the members of Defensivecarry.com that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I was hesitating on 'hating' on it, b/c I know nothing about this draw, but it looked like it was begging for a problem with the off hand coming together or just having an unpredictable outcome with certain shirt weights, etc, no?
    When I tried it I was using my vest, then a light weight jacket. Just seemed to constantly bind in the shoulders area not consistently clearing the weapon.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

but would it work with my cape?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Ahhhh, now that's something I haven't considered. Perhaps in lieu of a secret handshake, PF'rs can bring back 'the cape' look.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I believe The Incredibles dealt with the subject of capes.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I believe The Incredibles dealt with the subject of capes.
    You beat me to it, but I'm going to post this anyway:
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List