Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dracula Draw....

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I'm sure you have a point or something like that, but can you please reorganize your post in sentences so its easier to understand?
    No not really, I'm on 16 hour days
    And baby sitting a crew of 20 people
    For some events

I'd like to see your video is here a direct link my time and net is limited
    Like I stated its an option one of many draws
    Like I do from Aiwb,ankle, off body etc.

There all options. It was to give the views a little know technique that's was out there and often not seen
    I don't think I ever said it be and end all be all anyplace there in that video or imply it was

Site Supporter
    The draw was a single hand.
    Are you starting with your thumb staged inside your shirt? I can see how that makes for a really fast single hand draw, but I don't think the times are comparable if starting from "hands relaxed at sides" or "surrender" positions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for sharing and clarifying Steve. Always good to get context.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Are you starting with your thumb staged inside your shirt? I can see how that makes for a really fast single hand draw, but I don't think the times are comparable if starting from "hands relaxed at sides" or "surrender" positions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    In the videos I am talking about my right thumb is in my front pocket. I don't do the "surrender" position since I'd never do it in real life and won't do it for the sake of gaming.

There are always ways of making it harder or to add rules to a drills or whatnot. When those rules apply to real life then they will be taken into consideration, and since there are no rules...I don't need to go on explaining.

edit - just to add:

the draw starts as a single sweep upwards with the thumb at/around the crotch area, clearing the rear sight and digging my thumb and middle finger into a mastergrip, from there the second part of the draw begins (since this draw technique a two-step draw process). The left hand either captures the garment as its cleared or goes onto a contact point on the body so the muzzle doesn't sweep the hand. I find the left hand holding the garment to be a double-action since it contacts with the body and you rep clearing winter clothing.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You guys missed it. I am keeping the garment in place with the left hand in those videos, however the technique works without using the left hand. I was repping that for the winter when heavier clothing tends to need holding.

The draw was a single hand.
    I swear I'm not too bright, but these are the 3 draws in the video, and they look like two handed draws to me.

The surrender position actually takes the "gaming" out of the draw; like having your hands already on your garment before the buzzer. But a sub 1 second draw is great either way.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I swear I'm not too bright, but these are the 3 draws in the video, and they look like two handed draws to me.
    Looks like it.

Is not.

I am capturing the garment with my left hand, not pulling it, tugging it or whatnot. The clearing is done by my right hand.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looks like it.

Is not.

I am capturing the garment with my left hand, not pulling it, tugging it or whatnot. The clearing is done by my right hand.
    Well, except your left thumb starts under the shirt....and as your hand goes up, it takes the shirt with it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, except your left thumb starts under the shirt....and as your hand goes up, it takes the shirt with it.
    All I can is that its a bad angle and that my left hand doesn't clear the shirt.

At this point I can pound the horse, without you being there and seeing it in person, it may be difficult to get.

Also, I remembered I did a video for a coffman holster on instagram - https://instagram.com/p/rorOHJOPoy/ - if you disregard the crappy holster you will see the draw one handed.
    VDMSR.com

All I can is that its a bad angle and that my left hand doesn't clear the shirt.

At this point I can pound the horse, without you being there and seeing it in person, it may be difficult to get.

Also, I remembered I did a video for a coffman holster on instagram - https://instagram.com/p/rorOHJOPoy/ - if you disregard the crappy holster you will see the draw one handed.
    Thanks for the video. It looks like that would turn into a pretty standard one handed AIWB draw if the holster would cooperate. That is how I draw one handed. If you can do it faster than with two hands, that is great. I sure can't.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Thanks for the video. It looks like that would turn into a pretty standard AIWB draw if the holster would cooperate. That is how I draw one handed. If you can do it faster than with two hands, that is great. I sure can't.
    I can't do it faster with two hands, I can do it faster with one hand.

I contribute that to economy of motion or math.

Probably math more.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List