Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a Colt? Move Fast.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Hopefully this will let them get out from under their current management, and out of their union run shop. I don't see them not coming back, in one form or another.
    This.

Another opportunity for Freedom Group, perhaps?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I really don't want to see Colt disappear. I like the pistols they've been building -- hopefully the company/brand will survive this. To me it seems they just need sound leadership. I also think they will need to bring the XSE line back at some point in order to be competitive. I do note that the Combat Elite, which is a nice pistol, is still on the website.

Edit: It looks like I'm wrong about the XSE line -- according to a comment posted online by a Colt rep:

"XSE and top selling should not be used in the same sentence."
    Last edited by Robinson; 05-22-2015 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Wrong assumption on my part.

With their debt load I would not be surprised to see them liquidated. No doubt the name Colt will continue on in existence but what that's going to look like I'm not sure.

Bud's, incidentally, is selling Colt 1911's for $750 right now(!).

I saw on another board that the XSEs are still being made, just that they are monkeying with the website and that page is not now up.

Well I am about a year in on waiting for a SAA. I wonder how this will affect those custom orders, especially since I've already dropped a 50% deposit.

Site Supporter
    They're going to stay with core handguns and try to build those sales again, which were bad. Rifle sales are good right now and the 6920 OEMs are moving like crazy. As for moving and/or dumping the UAW, I'd be surprised to see either one. Both those moves would seem to be useful though.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I saw on another board that the XSEs are still being made, just that they are monkeying with the website and that page is not now up.
    That's totally possible, especially considering they just introduced a new 9mm model in that line.

Site Supporter
    I would really like to see KAC pick up their intellectual property (designs, patents, prototypes, etc), whatever tooling and production capacity they might need, and their naming/branding rights. Basically everything but the location. Reboot it under management who knows how to make a profit (KAC). Ever since Eugene Stoner landed at KAC, this seemed like a good fit.

I'd like to see them leave for a Western or Southern right to work state.
    #RESIST

User Tag List