Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a Colt? Move Fast.......

Want a Colt? Move Fast.......

http://weaponsman.com/?p=22825

TL/DR : Colt's in serious financial kitten. XSE models are already discontinued, and the entire company as we know it is likely to follow shortly.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    The XSE line has been removed from Colt's website. I don't think they were having trouble selling those.

I need to get a Commander soon. Might just go with a 1991 though. Maybe 9mm...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The XSE line has been removed from Colt's website. I don't think they were having trouble selling those.
    Theyve already defaulted on their bonds, and are about to run out of operational funds. Note the money Colt's been using to pay their operational expenses is from an emergency loan of 70 million from JP Morgan,not from sales revenue.

Because their bond rating is lower then a street dealers FICO score, Colt cant borrow anymore. Their only way to raise funds now is to layoff staff, sell production capital , and fire sale as much high margin core product as possible. The latter ,I suspect, is why the XSE bit the dust despite being popular.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Didnt they just win the new M4 contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Didnt they just win the new M4 contract?
    Nope.
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Ah. I saw some short blurb elsewhere and didnt read it all. I thought it said Colt got the contract. My mistake.

Site Supporter
    Wow...that'll make the (decent quality) 1911 pickens even slimmer.

Hopefully this will let them get out from under their current management, and out of their union run shop. I don't see them not coming back, in one form or another.

Sounds like I'll be picking up a few more 6920's off the sale rack.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Hopefully this will let them get out from under their current management, and out of their union run shop. I don't see them not coming back, in one form or another.
    Where is my like button. Some companies have done very well going through bankruptcy. Several places have been through this and come out better for it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List