Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout weapons

Workout weapons

I don’t do the gym but I do run around town and at a large local park. I’ve never carried a gun while running but for various reasons, that’s about to change. Plan to dedicate a G43 for this purpose. I’ve always carried a fixed blade on my runs (mostly for dogs) but now I’d like to get some input on pistol carry methods and gear.

Attachment 3420

Attachment 3421

I’ve been eyeing the Pistol Wear http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters/ stuff and other belly bands. I know deployment will be lacking but it’s a priorty. How do you surfers do it?

Look at the Hill People Gear kit bags. They make two sizes in a thin format intended for runners. I have their full size medium thickness for general outdoors. Extremely well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I carry a P245 in an uncle Mike's fanny pack. I've needed it once and it worked great.

Right now my go-to guns and gear are a G19 in a Tommy's fanny pack, a G42 in a Dark Star Gear clip AIWB holster, or a J frame/LCR in a cheap clip on Uncle Mike's IWB. All of them work with gym shorts.

My typical yard work in shorts set-up;
    Name:  LCR.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  60.7 KB
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Another endorsement here for the Hill People bags. Great kit.

Another vote on Hill People Gear.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...5/Default.aspx

I have a hill people gear recon kit.

It fits a g26, mag, keys, blade and phone no problem.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Tommy's gun pack with a G19 or 26 and a Dark Star Gear clip for a G42.

I do a fair bit of running. Been using the pistol wear PT-One with G19-sized guns for over a year. It gets used 2-3 times per week on 3-6 mile runs. It's still going strong. It keeps the gun dry. It does a decent job with concealment of a good sized gun, but it is a little slow. Similar to drawing from a smart carry.

I've had a Galco bellyband for 10+ years now. It is rarely used but for activities like this. Gets toasty in the summer and you will have a ring of sweat around your midsection when you take it off, but works great in that role. I use the spare pocket to hold my wallet or cell phone.

User Tag List