Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 113: Triple Nickel

Fun. Took 3 tries to pass.

Start position: concealed
    Time: 4.85
    Number of hits: 10
    Make and model of gun and holster: G3 G17, JMCK OWB

HUGE fun! No coin for me today! But interesting.

Gen 4 G17 from OWB; many runs!
    1st - 5.36 clean 1.03 to first shot with a sketchy reload
    2nd - 4.60 only 8 hits because I only loaded up 8!
    3rd - 4.93 1.13 to first hit but 1 delta. (at this point I suddenly felt for sure I'd shoot a coin )
    4th - 5.82 1.00 to first hit with 1 delta and a double clutched reload
    5th - 4.91 1.07 to first hit with 1 delta (concern and doubt started)
    6th - 5.28 1.04 to first hit but 1 delta and a full on trigger freeze
    7th - called this my last one final exam 4.89 0.99 to first hit but 1 delta

Then I ran it once with

Gen 4 G26
    4.51 0.90 to first hit and ONE DELTA!

The faster visuals and handling of the G26 were felt dramatically.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I had to go back out today for this one. I felt after yesterday I had the speed but was slightly off controlling the pistol so today I ran it with the RTF2 G19 which locks in tighter. First I warmed up on some reloads though.

RTF2 G19 worn OWB

5.01 clean

4.66 clean 1.02 first hit, 1.68 reload/hit.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I had to go back out today for this one. I felt after yesterday I had the speed but was slightly off controlling the pistol so today I ran it with the RTF2 G19 which locks in tighter. First I warmed up on some reloads though.

RTF2 G19 worn OWB

5.01 clean

4.66 clean 1.02 first hit, 1.68 reload/hit.
    Pretty sporty!

I learned a gamer trick I think. Today I faced target one square on and shot the rest transitioning right. Yesterday I was centered on the five. If the real test requires the center position then I cheated. Fast first to my far left yesterday threw a few deltas wide.

I learned a gamer trick I think. Today I faced target one square on and shot the rest transitioning right. Yesterday I was centered on the five. If the real test requires the center position then I cheated. Fast first to my far left yesterday threw a few deltas wide.
    I am not seeing an appreciable difference in your draw times, which should be the only potential change from what you describe. Did you change your engagement order too? If so, how were you shooting it before? I say this because as a gamer, I almost always prefer to orient my body in the center of a target array, and sweep them from either direction (very slight preference for left to right).

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    I am not seeing an appreciable difference in your draw times, which should be the only potential change from what you describe. Did you change your engagement order too? If so, how were you shooting it before? I say this because as a gamer, I almost always prefer to orient my body in the center of a target array, and sweep them from either direction (very slight preference for left to right).
    Same engagement order.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

I've been starting very quick for me and going left first threw most of my deltas in T1 and T2.

Also I have a theory that shorter G19 mags insert faster and surer than a longer G17 mag. Could be my "software". Today I used 19 mags and used a 19 mag for my G26 reload yesterday.

I'd have to check, but I believe the test requires a centered start position.

ETA: Just checked the rules. You do have to be centered.
    Last edited by SLG; 05-25-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'd have to check, but I believe the test requires a centered start position.

ETA: Just checked the rules. You do have to be centered.
    Thanks, I'm not surprised really.

1.02 first hit
    Wow, that's a smokin' draw from concealment.

User Tag List