Thread: Mike Pannone on Stance, Grip, Trigger Control, Follow-through, Recovery ...

Mike Pannone on Stance, Grip, Trigger Control, Follow-through, Recovery ...

I have trained with Mike three times now and consider him one of the best out there.

No matter your skill level there is something in these you can benefit from.

Mike on my short list

Appreciate the post. Does Mike have a youtube channel? I'm curious how you found this for future reference. Also, have you done his concealed carry class? Any thoughts?

Yes Mike has a YouTube channel just do a search on YouTube with his name and it will come up. How I found these videos, not quite sure they may have appeared on my Facebook newsfeed, not sure it was a good while ago.

My first exposure to Mike was his Covert Carry Class. I thought the class was great, one of the best I have ever participated in. For many in the class shooting from concealment was new. I have been doing it exclusively for many years and in numerous classes prior. Still I picked up a few gems and Mike's instruction is outstanding. There is always something to learn or that can be refined and Mike has the critical vision to identify and critique one's performance and suggest improvements.

In every class Mike's instruction has a distinct method designed to build skill. Mike's drills build upon each other. As you go through the class you can actually perceive your skill level increasing. I figured I would see Mike' 15 in 10 drill that I had spotted on YouTube and sure enough we ran it. Let's just say that the first time I ran it it wasn't stellar. However after the skill building exercises and on day 2 I had no trouble shooting a clean 18 in 10 with full power .45 ACP with a 5" 1911.

Last edited by JohnO; 05-21-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Great stuff there, thanks for posting. I found the body mechanics discussion particularly interesting. Some of it immediately matched up with what I've recently found to work best for me, though I wouldn't yet have been able to articulate "why". To me, the more you understand the why, the better you can not only fine tune that specific thing but also recognize other applications for similar principles. Gave me some ideas to try next time I'm at the range. Been wanting to take his covert carry class for a while, bumping it up to a higher priority.

Mike recently made Master in L/L10 as well. I did his pistol class last year and thinking about taking his low light class later this year.

User Tag List