Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P30LS V1 Data Needed

P30LS V1 Data Needed

Acquired a P30LS today. Had 2 stove pipes out of 150 rounds. Weak ejections with Blazer Brass 115gr. No issues with Winchester 147gr RA9T, 50 rounds with strong 4:00 ejection pattern.

Is this a common/known issue with the P30/LS? Or is it just ammo/RSA related?

Shoots great [pic is 15-20 yrd slow fire], adjusting to the V1. For now my splits are slower than my G19. But not to far off.

The P30L has a tendency to prefer hotter NATO Spec ammo during the first 500-rounds or so. They are designed for NATO Spec ammo and the 115gr is simply too weak for the new recoil spring. Try working the slide a few hundred times between now and your next outing.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    They are designed for NATO Spec ammo and the 115gr is simply too weak for the new recoil spring.
    Best I recall from my mill days, the NATO 9mm is 115gr FMJ.
    "When you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a T.V. set"-RDJB
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information, it is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent biases".- Me

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Best I recall from my mill days, the NATO 9mm is 115gr FMJ.

9mm NATO ammo is 124 gr

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    9mm NATO ammo is 124 gr
    Hmm, weird. I wonder if I remember wrong or if I was told wrong when I was in. Probably me
    "When you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a T.V. set"-RDJB
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information, it is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent biases".- Me

I've had mine for more than a year and it runs competition reloads just fine. Stuff loaded just to make power factor.

Didn't Todd have issues with the Blazer Brass as well?

We are diminished
    HK officially recommends aluminum cased ammo and that's what I had problems with early on during my P30 test. Once the gun was cured of its out-of-spec mainspring, I shot another 6,000 or so rounds of it during the test without problem. Almost, a significant portion of the HK45 test was shot with Blazer aluminum.

Off the top of my head, I don't believe I shot Blazer Brass during either test.

User Tag List