Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A truly horrifying crime in DC

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Home carry funny I saw somewhere:

Awesome!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    Just now heard on Fox that the killer was arrested in DC.
    Police ‘barely missed’ arresting quadruple homicide suspect in N.Y. before he was captured in D.C. - The Washington Post
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Total tragedy for sure, and I desperately wish that whoever did this spends a decent mount of time in jail being gang raped before being sent to hell.

I do have to ask, what the heck was the home owner involved in. No ones family deserves this kind of thing, but I am having a problem swallowing the whole $40K cash delivery. Unless it was a ransom delivery that this guys friends managed to scrape together after frantic calls, one has to wonder what the guy was into.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Total tragedy for sure, and I desperately wish that whoever did this spends a decent mount of time in jail being gang raped before being sent to hell.

I do have to ask, what the heck was the home owner involved in. No ones family deserves this kind of thing, but I am having a problem swallowing the whole $40K cash delivery. Unless it was a ransom delivery that this guys friends managed to scrape together after frantic calls, one has to wonder what the guy was into.
    He was CEO of American Iron Works. Given that, plus the multi-million dollar home, luxury cars, housekeepers, and several kids in high-dollar boarding school, I'm thinking he had the cash flow to put together a measly 40k without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

Almost certainly ransom money, I'd bet, and like TAZ says this guy had the net worth to raise $40,000 very fast.

1) $40,000 is minuscule relative to that individual. It would be odd, though, if he had that amount of cash at his residence (and I understand he had it brought), given the nature of his business. Wasn't like he owned bars and car washes.

2) My cousin, who I spoke to today, lives 10 blocks away from the crime scene, and goes to the same church. Holder lives two blocks from my cousin, and even now, there is full time security for him. Apparently Biden's house is +/- two blocks from the crime scene, obviously with security.

3) There is chatter on the Greek radio station (from Greece, local repeater) that there is more to the crime than is reported now. Discussion of multiple businesses, including ones in the Virgin Islands, and an impending move out of the CONUS by the deceased. No idea how credible, but as Nyeti says, early reports and speculations are often wrong.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Im thinking that this will be much like the Waco biker shootout.
    While the guy may not have been a mobster or even crooked, I bet he's associates with someone who is and got caught up in somebody elses drama.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'll just speak on the 40k from my humble experience working retail in a wealthy NJ suburb 30 minutes from NY. 40k is chump change to get for someone of his net worth. I regularly saw people grab 10k+ in cash from their home safes to pay for expensive home stereo equipment I delivered them.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Can't say I'm shocked by that.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List