Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotgun sights -- what kind and why

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Aimpoint is a bit too far back on the receiver--good way to give yourself a black eye...
    That'd be decidedly bad. Thanks for "looking" out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Let me know if you want to collaborate.
    I would be interested in doing that. I have a spare vent rib Wingmaster sitting in the safe as well.

My personal favorite.

That is a very slick setup, Patrick.

Have you ever had any issues with the rear sight getting bumped and moved in the dovetail?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    That is a very slick setup, Patrick.

Have you ever had any issues with the rear sight getting bumped and moved in the dovetail?
    I haven't to date, but that rib is especially narrow so I understand the concern. Once I establish zero green locktight is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    My personal favorite.

Looks similar in concept to one I like and have on a Benelli M2:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    My personal favorite.

Holy shit; you, sir, are a genius. I have a Beretta 390 that I chopped up at both ends for a house "dudeshooter". I didn't bother to put any sights on it, as it points just fine for room distance work... and most of the available sight options are expensive/PITA to install/both. But a friend is exploring this topic (shotgun sights) for a close-in pig gun, and I was telling myself I need to get off my butt and put SOME sort of sights on the DudeShooter; which is a 390 bird gun with synthetic furniture that I got NIB for a song. The barrel is cut to 18"+ an RCH, bisecting one of the rib posts just like your photo. And I know a guy with a Bridgeport and dovetail cutters...

Here's the link to find those sights. http://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8271

Comes with 3 different heights in the kit.

We also have the kit for $40.00 that doesn't have a front sight, if you want to use your own fiber optic etc. You'll have to call to order that set because it isn't on our website yet. SG-3001-9
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

Here are 3 images of my HD shotgun...

TruGlo front sight

Hogue 12" LOP stock

Winchester 8-shot 'synthetic' Defender 12 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Here's the link to find those sights. http://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8271

Comes with 3 different heights in the kit.

We also have the kit for $40.00 that doesn't have a front sight, if you want to use your own fiber optic etc. You'll have to call to order that set because it isn't on our website yet. SG-3001-9
    How would one go about getting a big dot front and tritium stripe rear like is offered on some of the handgun sights and how does one deal with getting the right elevation? Should I get a big dot front and non-tritium rear to test for rear sight height then get a tritium rear in the height of my choice or what? I'm liking the idea of the tritium rear to help with indexing in low light.

User Tag List