Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russia

gates, where they have them, are now closed until you scan your card. A few older stations I was at had no gates just scan terminals, or maybe they were newer?
    While there may be issues with their government, the people of Russia impress the crap out of me. Friendly and helpful, even when they don't understand you, they will find someone who does. I've seen a guy in a wheelchair have a bunch of people help him when he dropped stuff, a umbrella returned when a guy didn't know he dropped it, people willing to jump down into the tracks to retrieve a cell phone for a girl (they were stopped thankfully and an attendant showed up as we were leaving with a special insulated stick with a claw on the end to get it). Same here in Estonia where I am now, asking for help downtown and the guy I first asked didn't know, so other people chimed in.
    Oh, and Estonia has also surprised me, holy crap beautiful women, rivaling Czech for awesomeness. I didn't expect Nordic looks either, reminds me of Norway, but better. And really good food too, hitting a burger place tomorrow that we found after dinner tonight. Man, it was awesome smelling, and they had Poutine (not that I actually like it, but they advertised it!)
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Poutine burgers rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Same here in Estonia where I am now, asking for help downtown and the guy I first asked didn't know, so other people chimed in.
    For the fun of it, try asking in Russian. In 80s it would get you about next to zero attention.

No, it would get you exactly zero attention.

Oh, and Estonia has also surprised me, holy crap beautiful women, rivaling Czech for awesomeness.
    Have you made it to Lithuania yet?

driving up to Lithuania next week for a couple days before heading down to Ireland (by plane).
    Janna was talking to people in Russian quite a bit today, most people over 30 speak it fluently, and almost all understand it.
    Went to the range today, massive facility out in the forest, looks like great stages, hopefully everything works, as we are the first to shoot it all in the morning.
    Had a great burger for lunch downtown before we went to the range, and then had a great dinner at an Italian place in the old city. Very cheap prices for awesome food and drink. Really loving this city, but winter probably sucks bad.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

driving up to Lithuania next week for a couple days before heading down to Ireland (by plane).
    Janna was talking to people in Russian quite a bit today, most people over 30 speak it fluently, and almost all understand it.
    Went to the range today, massive facility out in the forest, looks like great stages, hopefully everything works, as we are the first to shoot it all in the morning.
    Had a great burger for lunch downtown before we went to the range, and then had a great dinner at an Italian place in the old city. Very cheap prices for awesome food and drink. Really loving this city, but winter probably sucks bad.
    I would make a crack about a Canadian saying that winter sucks, but I question if British Columbia even gets a winter compared to other parts of the county.

(kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

We didn't get much of a winter in my area this year, less than 1cm of snow and very warm almost all winter.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List