Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia

Russia

Just into the start of my second week in Moscow, shot the Russian Extreme IPSC match on Saturday, 12th overall in Production. Absolutely love this city and it's people. Extremely friendly, willing to help you at the drop of a hat, even when I don't speak Russian and the person helping doesn't speak English.
    So far I've toured the Kremlin and Red Square again (was here in December) and just came from Bunker 42, an old cold war era nuke bunker. Sadly pics will have to wait until I get back to Canada most likely as my spiffy new camera with wifi, won't connect to my phone. I might be able to get some pics up through my girlfriends wifi, but she has a low limit for uploads and I don't want to mess that up for her.
    Weather was gorgeous last week, but it is colder now and raining.
    The metro here continues to amaze me, very reliable at all times of the day and night.
    Most interesting to me is the difference in news coverage, perhaps our western media out together with theirs and we might get the whole truth.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

That sounds incredibly cool. Cant wait to see some pics!!!

Site Supporter
    That sounds awesome. I'm curious - what do they shoot in the Russian competitions?

Introducing Glenn E. Meyer's newest business endeavor, "Straight Lines 'R' Us"!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How was the process of bringing your pistol into Russia?

I didn't bring guns this time as my paperwork got missed and their wasn't time to process it, as well, I had decided to take a bit of pure vacation in Ireland and I can't take my guns there. However, with 30 days notice the Russian authorities will process the paperwork and you simply arrive at the airport with your guns, show them the paperwork at Customs and carry on. Apparently we are now allowed to carry our guns with us (locked up) when we come for matches. I am unsure what we are supposed to do with them though and how long we can be here with them.
    For the match itself, in Production div CZ Shadows were the most common, next would be Tanfoglio and then Glock with a couple S&W M&Ps. I am sure someone was shooting Russian made stuff, but I didn't see any. For Open and Standard SVI/STI followed by Tanfoglio. Classic was a mix of SVI/STI and a few WC and Springfields.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

You're not going to get any truth from our western media.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    You're not going to get any truth from our western media.
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    The metro here continues to amaze me, very reliable at all times of the day and night.
    It's been over 25 years since I rode in the metro so I don't know how the things are now, but back then the metro turnstiles/gates were an awesome example of Russian vs elsewhere mentality. Absolutely everywhere else in the world where I had to use public entrance electric gates, you'd come to a closed gate, pay your fee, it would open and let you in. No pay - no in. In the Moscow metro the normal position for the gates was open, and if you tried to go through without paying it'd close and whack you pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    It's been over 25 years since I rode in the metro so I don't know how the things are now, but back then the metro turnstiles/gates were an awesome example of Russian vs elsewhere mentality. Absolutely everywhere else in the world where I had to use public entrance electric gates, you'd come to a closed gate, pay your fee, it would open and let you in. No pay - no in. In the Moscow metro the normal position for the gates was open, and if you tried to go through without paying it'd close and whack you pretty hard.
    In Soviet Russia... GATE CRASH YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

User Tag List