Page 54 of 129 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Picture Thread

^^Is some sort of shortened pre-travel the reason the SCD is sticking out?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Shoulda kept reading - when I saw the word "INTENSITY" on the optic, it occurred to me that voodoo_man should (if he doesn't already have) an "INTENSITY" adjustment. LOL.
    My intensity setting is always turned way up

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    ^^Is some sort of shortened pre-travel the reason the SCD is sticking out?
    Yes, it is a @taudevgroup reduced pre-travel SCD which works perfectly with the Overwatch Precision trigger I have.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    No, it's sticking out because he intentionally positioned it to stick out for the photo. The reduced pre-travel variant has the exact same range of motion as the non-reduced pre-travel one. The only difference is that the reduced pre-travel variant has had the "nose" of the SCD that protrudes into the striker channel shortened by 0.035" to accommodate the striker being further to the rear on guns using triggers that remove some of the trigger pre-travel.

Reduced pre-travel triggers could also be called striker pre-tension triggers as they reduce pre-travel by providing additional at-rest tension to the strikers.

Again, the SCD only sticks out because people intentionally position it that way to make it more easily seen in photos.
    Yes this, if it seemed as though it did that on its own thats not the case as it's staged.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 08-23-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

G43 and some JM Kydex cleaning up after Harvey.

Mayhem Syndicate just showed up today.

Also picked 43 last night, cleaned, polished, lubed(ALG 0000) and popped on some parts, reminds me how much I reeeally hate the stock Glock trigger shoe, SSVI is backordered.

Glocks really aren't my thing, but it seems wrong not to own a couple. And since I use them so infrequently, I might as well modify them to fit well, so that I don't have to work so hard to shoot them.

G23, with Storm Lake conversion barrel, Gadget, Ameriglos, Agency magwell, G17 trigger, and a grip redo

Last edited by theJanitor; 09-01-2017 at 09:51 PM.

My edc glock 19 has slowly evolved from bone stock to its current rendition, pictured below. It has had the following done:
    Front cocking serrations added
    Front of slide has been rounded
    The muzzle has had a slight reverse crown Dawson Charger Sights have been added
    Frame stippled
    Trigger guard undercut
    Finger grooves removed
    Beavertail added
    Cerakoted slide

The gun really fits my hand now and has proven reliable and accurate over the last couple of years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SSVI Tyr showed up today so I fit it and my Ghost Pro 3.3 into the 43, just need a 43 gadget, 43 Mayhem comp and a couple RMRs

Last edited by t1tan; 09-07-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Glocks really aren't my thing, but it seems wrong not to own a couple. And since I use them so infrequently, I might as well modify them to fit well, so that I don't have to work so hard to shoot them.

G23, with Storm Lake conversion barrel, Gadget, Ameriglos, Agency magwell, G17 trigger, and a grip redo

I love that grip. That turned out really nicely. Where did you get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List