Page 109 of 129 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1286

Thread: Glock Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @TC215 and @Nephrology what’s your philosophy of use for the 43 with a dot? Why the 43 instead of the 43x?
    For me, a 43 is one of our issued weapons, and I thought I could get approval to carry a personally-owned 43 with a dot, since we approve full-sized 9mm Glocks with dots (I was right). That’s the only reason I went with the 43 over the 43X, but I ended up really liking the set-up.

I just got approval to run a 48 w/ RMRcc on duty, so I’ll probably switch to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have a pair of G48s, the second of which is getting the same exact work done as the G43 (fwd buis, RMRCc, refinish), so I see a role for both sizes.

I like the G43 a little more than my glock 48s for whatever reason - a little smaller and more concealable, has generally proven to be more reliable so far, for whatever reason a little easier for me to shoot accurately (but definitely a speed penalty).

In hindsight I sort of wish my G48s were 43xs, but I got my 48s when the getting was good and didn't want to pay a price penalty for trading them in for 43xs, especially after I had vetted them (even if one is still a bit of a problem child...).

I may end up with 43xs + dots down the line too, but that's an expense that I can't justify any time in the near future.
    I never did warm up to the standard 43 but the size is really handy at times. Could you throw the 43 slides on the 48’s?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    For me, a 43 is one of our issued weapons, and I thought I could get approval to carry a personally-owned 43 with a dot, since we approve full-sized 9mm Glocks with dots (I was right). That’s the only reason I went with the 43 over the 43X, but I ended up really liking the set-up.

I just got approval to run a 48 w/ RMRcc on duty, so I’ll probably switch to that.
    What holster will you use on duty?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

What holster will you use on duty?
    I use various JM Custom Kydex holsters unless I’m geared up and wearing a duty-type belt.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I never did warm up to the standard 43 but the size is really handy at times. Could you throw the 43 slides on the 48’s?
    Can indeed, may try to vet that combo at some point so i can feel comfortable carrying it if I get a wild hair.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Are you able to run SCDs on your duty guns?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Are you able to run SCDs on your duty guns?
    Yes, as long as no one important notices or finds out.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Got my last slide back from Jagerwerks (Glock 48/RMRCc on the top-right). There was a bit of a SNAFU with the RMRcc screws & installation but they made it right. All in all happy with their work for the single stack guns... and very happy I have dots on all of my CCW-sized pistols now, too!

Practice/backup on the left, dedicated carry pistols on the right. Have to zero the RMRccs, hoping to get out to the range during my week off starting monday after next.

Now that's what I call 'a pair and a spare'!

Cat

Name:  29335FF0-E292-4D2D-A40E-C28BD6803E5E.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  C128CB40-10EC-42E9-8955-E1B87CC3E213.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  75.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List