Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inforce WML Gen 2 - Users?

Inforce WML Gen 2 - Users?

https://inforcelights.com/collection...-hours-runtime

I’m about to replace my Gen 1 Inforce 200 Lumen WML on my SBR. And I just keep coming back to loving the form factor of it. Mounted on a 45 degree thorntail it’s so comfortable and easy to use. And it keeps this shorter rail comfortable and uncluttered. So I’m leaning toward the Gen 2 400 lumen model since this is my home defense rifle.

Not much about these on PF. Any users of the Inforce WML’s out there?

Name:  IMG_6753.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4762.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  65.2 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

There’s been a good bit of discussion on the WML over a few years. I’ve got one, but wouldn’t use it in “duty” capacity. Broken mounts, and various head separations have been regularly reported.

The streamlight RM1 is similar form factor, but a more durable platform. Still severely lacking on output though.

On a full-size handguard like that, a single cell scout style light should fit easily and ergonomically.

I've had a few Inforce lights break on me from pretty light use, and have seen way too many images of broken ones online to trust them for anything.

A Surefire X300 Turbo would do great mounted at 12:00 in front of your sight or a Surefire M340 Turbo with the included mlok mount would sit at about the exact same spot as the one in your picture, and either would provide significantly better light output and durability without taking up much more, if any, rail space.

I tried the Inforce Gen 2, but sold it off. The main feature about it that attracted me to it was the 45 degree switch. I can get this from the Streamlight RM1&2.

While both of these, especially the Streamlight RM2, has enough light and throw for a home defense gun, they fell short of enough throw for a LEO Patrol Rifle. I needed more throw to cut through ambient light such as flood lights from a parking lot in order to push the light into a vehicle to see what the occupants were doing, and what they were doing it with.

I agree with what has been said about a Surefire 3000x turbo at the 12 o'clock position.

I am personally in the process of allocating funds to slowly replace my Surefire M300 scouts with the newer M340 DFT-PRO. They're not cheap. But too many years working nights ingrained in me the importance of a good light.

Even if you are not setting up a duty weapon, sometimes under stress of a home defense situation, it's possible that you may bang into something like a doorway. I would't trust an Inforce gen2 to still be attached if that were to happen.

@rawkguitarist, I have a Inforce WMLx white/IR light on a 11.5" SBR.

The good: lightweight white/IR combo. WMLx version is decently bright in both spectra. Good ergos. Strobe can be disabled*. Good price.

The bad: less robust than aluminum lights, using it as a momentary-on light is difficult because it only takes a short-ish press to activate constant-on.

---
    *TO DISABLE THE STROBE FUNCTION
    1. Unscrew the light head one revolution to the lockout position.
    2. Press and hold the button/pressure switch.
    3. While holding the button/pressure switch, tighten the head and then release the button.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Gen 2 is better (brighter / more durable) than the Gen 1 but still a bit fragile for duty use.

It’s the issued carbine light for the FBI for regular agent carbines. But that’s a “if it breaks, exchange it for a new one” application.

There is a Gen 3 coming so it might be worth waiting a bit. (Listed on optics planet as “back ordered.”)

I like the form factor so I hope the Gen 3 is more durable.

I’m very low speed and haven’t had problems with my pair of Gen2s. If they break, I’ll find something better.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rawkguitarist, I have a Inforce WMLx white/IR light on a 11.5" SBR.

The good: lightweight white/IR combo. WMLx version is decently bright in both spectra. Good ergos. Strobe can be disabled*. Good price.

The bad: less robust than aluminum lights, using it as a momentary-on light is difficult because it only takes a short-ish press to activate constant-on.

---
    *TO DISABLE THE STROBE FUNCTION
    1. Unscrew the light head one revolution to the lockout position.
    2. Press and hold the button/pressure switch.
    3. While holding the button/pressure switch, tighten the head and then release the button.
    Ah... that would be a deal breaker. Only way I'd run a light a carbine would be momentary - or of course, just as long as I want it on. My Inforces are Haley Strategic versions that can only do momentary.

For the robustness, I have 2 of these and have had no issues. And this SBR is really only for home use so I doesn't need to stand kicking in doors.

Maybe the Gen 3 will be able to fully lock the momentary function?

Thanks for responding guys!
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m very low speed and haven’t had problems with my pair of Gen2s. If they break, I’ll find something better.
    I'm an accountant, musician and a podcaster. Above average training... but very low speed too!
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Ah... that would be a deal breaker. Only way I'd run a light a carbine would be momentary - or of course, just as long as I want it on. My Inforces are Haley Strategic versions that can only do momentary.

For the robustness, I have 2 of these and have had no issues. And this SBR is really only for home use so I doesn't need to stand kicking in doors.

Maybe the Gen 3 will be able to fully lock the momentary function?

Thanks for responding guys!
    If you’re looking at the white light only version, I believe it has a lever flips the functionality between momentary-only and tap-for-constant-on.

User Tag List