Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women's carry questions

So please don't tell me to 'move out of the USA' for voicing this opinion, but...

I really like open carry. In my particular situation (what I wear, where I live, can cover it with a purse for malls/restaurants/etc) it lets me carry a full size gun instead of a tiny gun, or no gun at times. Those are literally the options for myself (no baggy clothes, don't think purse carry is the most responsible for me) if I really wanted to conceal. This is not to mention I think deterrence is a bit more effective in some of the crimes specifically targeted at women, but I can't pull out studies on that so I'll just leave it as a thought.

Move out of the USA...and drop your 9mm MRDS gun off for me to, ah, destroy. One rd at a time...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    So please don't tell me to 'move out of the USA' for voicing this opinion, but...

I really like open carry. In my particular situation (what I wear, where I live, can cover it with a purse for malls/restaurants/etc) it lets me carry a full size gun instead of a tiny gun, or no gun at times. Those are literally the options for myself (no baggy clothes, don't think purse carry is the most responsible for me) if I really wanted to conceal. This is not to mention I think deterrence is a bit more effective in some of the crimes specifically targeted at women, but I can't pull out studies on that so I'll just leave it as a thought.
    I'm hoping if you open carry it's in a retention holster, and you have a plan B to keep the gun if you get jumped for it.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    This is not to mention I think deterrence is a bit more effective in some of the crimes specifically targeted at women[...]
    You didn't ask me, but I really doubt it. The people you think you're deterring are the sort who are totally unimpressed by your gun (expensive and custom though it may be). They see it as something to steal and shoot someone with.

Imagine a strong, determined person making an energetic and committed gun grab attempt from behind while you aren't looking (and possibly starting off with a hard punch to the back of your head).

It can be a really serious problem.

Edit: I see Chuck already covered this, using fewer words.
    Last edited by Le Français; 05-17-2015 at 11:14 PM.

User Tag List