Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACOG

I have TA02. Mostly for diversity sake. Haven't done much except punch holes in paper with it. I like the fact that it's battery powered, bu the eye relief does indeed suck. I have to be mindful of where I place my head, otherwise, the rear of the ACOG hits my shooting glasses.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Even a 2moa dot turned down low looks like a 8moa cluster of grapes for me unless I flip up and use the iron sights with the dot, which negates the dot's advantages.
    I'm pretty much limited to Leupold Prismatics, ACOG's and scopes.
    Prismatic is nice but the illumination system sucks, it's currently living on my boy's (who also has astigmatism) AR.
    I've been using a Meopta K-Dot 1-4x for a few years and it's been great, super sharp and clear, good illumination and durable. But damn that thing's heavy and 90% of the time I just stick it on 3x and leave it unless I'm shooting an all close or all long range 3gun stage then it's 1x or 4x. I very rarely change magnification "on the fly".
    For some reason green ACOG's don't blur as bad as red and not nearly as bad as an Aimpoint.
    I have issues seeing red dots myself - I am watching reviews for the various Prismatic scopes such as Burris and Vortex that have joined the market - currently most of my ARs have variable power scopes (1.5x5, 1x6).

Everybody's astigmatic eyes are different...

I keep my NF 1-4 on 1 most of the time and it is "practically" as fast as an aimpoint. I run it up to 4 when I need to see better, and I don't think I've ever used the 2 or 3 setting, except maybe by accident.

A throw lever 1x 4x like the Elcan but with tritium/fiber optic illumination would be awesome.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A throw lever 1x 4x like the Elcan but with tritium/fiber optic illumination would be awesome.
    A Elcan that wasn't so crazy expensive or heavy would be sweet also

I had a TAOINSN and I liked it quite a bit. I ended up selling it as I preferred a red dot (aimpoint comp m4) for closer (HD) ranges and at the time did not see the need for a magnified optic.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I can get some blooming of the Aimpoint dot if it's too bright. I've been re-visiting the Leupold Prismatic, which has an etched reticle in addition to the dot, and an adjustable eyepiece which eliminates any bloom.

User Tag List