Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-8 Beretta rear sight

10-8 Beretta rear sight

10-8 FB post announced the release of their Beretta rear sights. Look interesting. Been waiting for this for a while. For some reason I can't post links right now. I get booted out every time I try. Will update with link when I can.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Cool, didn't know they were gonna be doing Beretta sights, thanks for the heads up. Looks like a good option, either this or the WC sight will hopefully be the last thing I need to do to my pistol.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

10-8 Beretta rear sight

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    10-8 FB post announced the release of their Beretta rear sights. Look interesting. Been waiting for this for a while. For some reason I can't post links right now. I get booted out every time I try. Will update with link when I can.
    Does it have A square off profile, or a U notch? I dislike the Wilson BrigTac rear sight (excellent for speed; but the factory sights, to me, work better for precision). Also, not sure if I used semi colons and commas correctly...

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I got excited for a second. I would love to have a quality sight for my game guns with rear notch widths less than .150 of Novak's and WC's sights. However, at 0.273 height it will not work on any of my full sized Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I got excited for a second. I would love to have a quality sight for my game guns with rear notch widths less than .150 of Novak's and WC's sights. However, at 0.273 height it will not work on any of my full sized Bs.
    What height do you normally use for Beretta rear sights, and are we talking standard slides with fixed front sights or Brigadier slides? I've been wanting to order some new rears for my standard slide guns, but I'm not sure where to start. They're all regulated for a drive the dot sight picture, and I'd like to go to top of the front sight blade.

Jared, my OEM Elite II is POA/POI with most 147 grain ammo. It is slightly low with a lighter ammo, but still within lower A at 25 yards. believe it is 0.290 rear and plain black. When I put a Dawson fiber on it, it turned out to be shorter than stock, throwing shots high.
    My Vertec slide - FS frame hybrid has a stock two dot rear that I also believe 0.290. It is also POA/POI with a tritium Triji front.
    The only place where I can use the .270 is my 92FS compact, but that's a carry gun and I don't need a narrow notch. I bought a WC sight for it.

Jared, on my circa 2006 92FS the WC .270 shot several inches high with my 135 gr reloads. I swapped it for a .278 Novak and it now shoots POI/POA.

Okay, thanks guys! Final question, are you guys swapping rear sights with a sight pusher tool or are you guys using hammer and non marring punch? I'm strongly leaning towards sight pusher, Beretta USA sells one on their site.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
    Jared, on my circa 2006 92FS the WC .270 shot several inches high with my 135 gr reloads. I swapped it for a .278 Novak and it now shoots POI/POA.
    I'm curious about this. Going to a taller rear (.278 vs. .270) should have made the gun shoot about 1" higher, unless one of the two sights wasn't actually the advertised height.

User Tag List