Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US SOF kill ISIS commander, capture his wife

Hand to hand. Shooting around hostages. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...urce%3Dtwitter
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Hand to hand.
    I'm not buying that. Even on SWAT we didn't sling carbines or SMGs to fight with people who weren't armed.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Maybe the decedent wanted to try "hand to hand", but no one else wanted to play? Hand to hand can also imply that the now defunct terrorist had a knife or other weapon in hand, or this is just another case of media sensationalism.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Maybe the decedent wanted to try "hand to hand", but no one else wanted to play? Hand to hand can also imply that the now defunct terrorist had a knife or other weapon in hand, or this is just another case of media sensationalism.
    I am always highly suspicious of the "inside sources" of some journalists, especially after seeing how poorly Brian Williams was able to recall his own "first hand" accounts of his "adventures" as a reporter...

Site Supporter
    Well, it hasn't been going well since then.

Anyway, I am reading a book about the aftermath of WW I - The Long Shadow by David Reynolds. Commenting on the mess after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and UK involvement, a British general said:

Here's the quote about the Middle East:

Quote of the day: "The habit of interfering with other people’s business and making what is euphoniously called ‘peace’ is like buggery; once you take to it, you cannot stop.” - Sir Philip Chetwode, deputy chief of Britain’s Imperial General Staff, in 1919
    A lesson for our times?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm not buying that. Even on SWAT we didn't sling carbines or SMGs to fight with people who weren't armed.
    Well if'n it ain't true; it outta be!

Hey, maybe someone safed their carbine, slung it, was helping the slave girl out of her cage or some shit and a jihadi burst out of somewhere and was on him. It could happen.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Well if'n it ain't true; it outta be!
    If some jihadis DID try to go hands on with Special Operations troopers I would not expect it to go all that well for the jihadis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    If some jihadis DID try to go hands on with Special Operations troopers I would not expect it to go all that well for the jihadis.
    Yeah--our guys would probably just shoot them. Hand to hand combat is way overrated (especially by the movies and TV).

Site Supporter
    Sec. of Defense said today that the problem is the Iraqis don't have the will to fight. So all the special ops won't hold the land. It would be waste of our brave people, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Slightly different opponents and mission here
    #RESIST

User Tag List