Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr_White...

Job well done!

I know a guy who made GM in Limited shooting a minor single stack out of a BladeTech carry hoster. Still not like making it concealed with appendix carry.

You're an inspiration... truly impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We were joking, only dude dumb enough to have tried.
    I'd say that's about right!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was like a kid on XMAS morning today.
    Me too, except I was up at 0030, figured they ran the update, and went and peeked.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Now back to work, huh?
    Yep, up at 0530 for dry practice...First major match of the year is coming up next weekend. Back to work is right.

Quote Originally Posted by rwa View Post
    I know a guy who made GM in Limited shooting a minor single stack out of a BladeTech carry hoster. Still not like making it concealed with appendix carry.
    I bet that's the guy I remember hearing about. Super awesome, my hat is off to him. Concealment doesn't help at all, especially losing .25 or .5 on reloads, but I think minor scoring is the worst aggravating factor. That's fantastic he made GM shooting minor. All that math adds up very cruelly. Was he using a 1911 in 9mm?

--------

Seriously, thanks everyone. This is real a monkey off my back and now it will be easier to concentrate on the matches themselves since I won't have nagging thoughts about my classification percentage for a while...until I get close to GM anyway.

I can't say enough good things about USPSA competition as a venue to tax shooting and gunhandling to the max. Constant pressure and having to efficiently navigate all the space and time, making small adjustments on the fly, and dragging good shooting through all of it is incredibly challenging.

Once I became more aware of the technical skill levels associated with M/GM performance as measured in USPSA, my fundamental goal has been to produce legitimate, properly equipped, M/GM-level technical performance with my carry gear from concealment. That is what I am all about, and that goal has been getting met in slow motion over time. Different venue in GSSF, but I've been matching or exceeding GMs there for a while. FAST Challenge Coin is a pretty short list with some tall names. I am positively humbled to be in the company I am, in cleaning it at Rogers. Last year at the USPSA Area 1 Championship, I beat 9 out of 14 Limited Ms, so that was a form of reaching my goal. Actually making Limited M is another step. My goal is being realized and I am stoked. And I have a long way to go yet from here.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Congrats from a lowly D-class production shooter. I'll be super stoked the day I make it to half of your skill level.

Congratulations Dude. Great achievement.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Congrats! I always look forward to your progress and truly enjoy the quick vids of your matches that you post on YouTube!

Well done!

This warms my Timmy/Competitor heart.

Extremely relevant blog post about Mr White's journey.

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2014...nment-for.html
    #RESIST

User Tag List