Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mr_White...

I did not post my USPSA number because as MOST people on here, don't use my real name for certain reasons. I have talked to some in PM's if they have questions and don't really appreciate my private info being posted without my permission as I have no idea who is lurking here. If we are going to post people's private data for all to see then why not require actual names for user names???

I Do have a GM rating in USPSA in production and at Rio Salado where I competed every Tuesday for several years is where I honed alot of my competition skills and participated in a few of the Area 2 matches in different divisions, where one year took 2nd overall in Limited 10 as well as making top 10 in Production overall a little later.

So there is no misunderstanding by some here I automatically make Master in all other divisions once completing the required 4 classifier minimum. I have been unable to make ANY classifiers in Quite some time due to some severe complications of health in the last few years.

The Open master ranking was at Rio Salado where you get classified separately on a club level with the likes of Robbie Leatham and some other great shooters who hold world and national title's. I wanted to get this clear as maybe it didn't get specified in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by sqeeler View Post
    I did not post my USPSA number because as MOST people on here, don't use my real name for certain reasons. I have talked to some in PM's if they have questions and don't really appreciate my private info being posted without my permission as I have no idea who is lurking here. If we are going to post people's private data for all to see then why not require actual names for user names???
    I'll admit that I took the liberty of posting your public USPSA number here on Pistol Forum. You've chosen to use that number as a public reference on several other different open source forums (Enos, 1911 forum, M4Carbine.net, etc…) with the same screen name as you use here. So for the record, *I* didn't make anything public that wasn't already.

I Do have a GM rating in USPSA in production and at Rio Salado where I competed every Tuesday for several years is where I honed alot of my competition skills and participated in a few of the Area 2 matches in different divisions, where one year took 2nd overall in Limited 10 as well as making top 10 in Production overall a little later.

So there is no misunderstanding by some here I automatically make Master in all other divisions once completing the required 4 classifier minimum. I have been unable to make ANY classifiers in Quite some time due to some severe complications of health in the last few years.

The Open master ranking was at Rio Salado where you get classified separately on a club level with the likes of Robbie Leatham and some other great shooters who hold world and national title's. I wanted to get this clear as maybe it didn't get specified in my previous post.

I respect the hell out of the dedication, effort and skill set that goes into making GM in any division. Kudos to you. I think the part that some of us took note of were your comments below (regarding making master in limited and making master in Open) when your actual percentages in those two divisions are both significantly below the master threshold. I'll be frank, it seemed a touch disingenuous, especially within the context of Gabe doing it the way he did. Petty of me to bring it up? Perhaps…

I find the 'publicly tooting one's own horn thing' a bit irritating, especially when the info is put forth as something it's not, that's all.

Gabe, sorry for cluttering up your thread.

t

I made Master in limited using a G-19 9mm with my everyday carry gear several years ago. It was a pain in the BUTT, not recommended for everyone, unless your up for a real challenge.

I loved using my same setup against the limited and especially the GM open shooters at Rio Salado at Tuesday night steel and beating them, ultimate gratification.
    Thank You, and What was harder was when I made Grand Master in production then making Master in open with my rmr'd G-17, but not as fun or hard as the limited minor with the 19 and carry gear, still used carry gear in open division though.

Which is exactly why I wanted it VERY clear about my ranking's as such. If the moderator's have a problem with how it was worded or interpreted then please have them contact me via PM. I respect what Gabe has done as well as one who also is a GM in ANY division should.

As far as my number being posted on some of the other forum's yes they have been put there by ME not someone trolling around looking for any little tid bit of info on someone, you must have alot of time on your hands.

Moderators I apologize for the rant and AGAIN good job Gabe and keep up the GREAT work, would love to see you as GM in every division you put your mind to.

I made Master in limited using a G-19 9mm with my everyday carry gear several years ago. It was a pain in the BUTT, not recommended for everyone, unless your up for a real challenge.

I loved using my same setup against the limited and especially the GM open shooters at Rio Salado at Tuesday night steel and beating them, ultimate gratification.
    Thank You, and What was harder was when I made Grand Master in production then making Master in open with my rmr'd G-17, but not as fun or hard as the limited minor with the 19 and carry gear, still used carry gear in open division though.
    When I first read your above two statements, I had mixed feelings. On one hand, I thought it was a bit of raining on Gabe's parade, by suggesting you already made Master, shooting limited minor with arguably a more difficult to shoot pistol. Leaving aside the parade business, though, I was genuinely impressed that you made Master with a G19, and especially that you made Master with a G17 and a RMR, considering we just have had a lengthy thread on the Glock and the RDS and KKM.

Which is exactly why I wanted it VERY clear about my ranking's as such. If the moderator's have a problem with how it was worded or interpreted then please have them contact me via PM. I respect what Gabe has done as well as one who also is a GM in ANY division should.

As far as my number being posted on some of the other forum's yes they have been put there by ME not someone trolling around looking for any little tid bit of info on someone, you must have alot of time on your hands.

Moderators I apologize for the rant and AGAIN good job Gabe and keep up the GREAT work, would love to see you as GM in every division you put your mind to.
    I also think it was pretty natural, to want to know who did those two amazing accomplishments -- M in Limited with the G19 from concealment, and M with the G17 and RMR in Open. The way USPSA works, the data base system is open, meaning every member's classifier records are open to review. You can also imagine it was puzzling, when this is what your USPSA classifier record said:

OPEN Class: M Pct: 67.53 High Pct: 69.79
    LIMITED Class: M Pct: 77.96 High Pct: 77.96

Since neither were M by virtue of the shooting, and only M because USPSA rules award you a M because of your GM in Production, it seemed you were either remembering wrong or something else, since your original statements seemed to indicate you shot your way into M?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When I first read your above two statements, I had mixed feelings. On one hand, I thought it was a bit of raining on Gabe's parade, by suggesting you already made Master, shooting limited minor with arguably a more difficult to shoot pistol. Leaving aside the parade business, though, I was genuinely impressed that you made Master with a G19, and especially that you made Master with a G17 and a RMR, considering we just have had a lengthy thread on the Glock and the RDS and KKM.

I also think it was pretty natural, to want to know who did those two amazing accomplishments -- M in Limited with the G19 from concealment, and M with the G17 and RMR in Open. The way USPSA works, the data base system is open, meaning every member's classifier records are open to review. You can also imagine it was puzzling, when this is what your USPSA classifier record said:

OPEN Class: M Pct: 67.53 High Pct: 69.79
    LIMITED Class: M Pct: 77.96 High Pct: 77.96

Since neither were M by virtue of the shooting, and only M because USPSA rules award you a M because of your GM in Production, it seemed you were either remembering wrong or something else, since your original statements seemed to indicate you shot your way into M?
    I think I already cleared this up in post #62 if anyone wants to bother to read it. I'm pretty sure that says it all, Also if everyone is doggin on ME and feels appropriate to do so then why not share your accomplishments and ranking percentages and numbers to dick measure to.

So as for Gabe's post not to get locked over childish stupidity, Sorry and have a nice nice day good luck with the USPSA Gabe as for some others you might want to spend more time pullin the trigger and less pullin on the keyboard. Later

I'm in class all day today but I'll get back and answer the questions that have been asked of me as soon as I can. Just wanted to say again that I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and congratulations! And my butt does not hurt from any of the goings on in this thread and I hope no one else's hurts either.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    That is really impressive to me that you have been able to accomplish what you have with what I would consider a moderate round count. To what do you attribute your success? Dry fire and a good plan? Those are both things that in the past though I may have shot a lot of rounds, I didn't have.
    I attribute any accomplishment to throwing a lot of work at it, which really is underpinned by motivation. Motivation enables the actual work needed to advance. I was very fortunate to get out-worked in another endeavor when I was about fourteen years old, and that lesson has stuck with me big time ever since.

So yes, a lot of dry fire. But that came several years into the larger volume live fire shooting I was doing. When I started dry firing a lot too, that's when I think my improvement accelerated more. That adoption of dry fire was also when I was becoming aware of higher levels of technical skill so I drove hard toward those instead of attacking some intermediary level of performance.

In dry fire, I have always leaned hard on the very core skills of trigger control, draws, reloads, and transitions, freestyle, SHO, and WHO. I now try to incorporate more random practice (as opposed to block), and include more movement and complexity and set up what could be considered fragments of USPSA stages with a couple of positions and mixed target arrays. And live fire whenever I can.

My progression started with a specific focus on defensive training - awareness, decisionmaking, gunhandling, marksmanship, tactics, etc. Then later it shifted to a focus on improving technical skills. I joined the internet as an active participant after that point.

Maybe as much as the motivation to work, I would also attribute any accomplishment to throwing off the yoke of expectation, and abhorring thoughts of it being impossible to duplicate high level competitive performance with carry gear from concealment. For me, it's a starting point to ignore any notion of impossibility.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Can you give some examples of how you incorporate random practice into what would normally be a block drill (reloads, draws etc seem amenable to more block practice than random practice)

User Tag List