Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli M4

Benelli M4

I finally have my Benelli M4 setup the way I like it (to replace the Beretta 1301 Tac as my primary house long gun).

Benelli M4 18.5"
    Mesa Tactical Urbino stock w/Limbsaver buttpad
    Freedom Fighter Tactical titanium full length magazine tube (7+1+1 ghost)
    Freedom Fighter Tactical 1/2" titanium charging handle
    XS Big Dot tritium front sight
    assorted 922r parts because I'm a law abiding subject

Patterns Federal LE13300 #00 buck into 8" at 30 yards.
    At 12 yards on a full size IPSC steel silhouette I was getting 5 shots on steel from low ready in 1.3 seconds (.20 splits) with #00.
    So far it's fed every slug, buck and birdshot (around 350 rounds so far most of it #00) I've run through it with nary a hiccup, and best of all no tube lock from bumping the bolt release.

Attachment 3391
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The proverbial Big Stick.

Awesome. Where's the balance point on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Awesome. Where's the balance point on that?
    Loaded with 9 #00 it balances between the loading port and the front handguard.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I haven't shot mine in a long time. Here's what I've done to it.

Benelli M4 18.5"
    Mesa Tactical Urbino stock w/Limbsaver buttpad
    Carrier Comp titanium full length magazine tube (7+1+1 ghost)
    Carrier Comp aluminum follower
    Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS sling
    2 day Louis Awerbuck (RIP) shotgun course

A few notes:
    The factory stock is stupidly long, the Urbino is within 1/4" of how I run my AR and FAL stocks... IOW perfect.
    Changing out the mag tube requires a heat gun and a vice but isn't as hard as Youtube makes it out to be, took me about 5 minutes.
    The center of the XS sight is much taller than the factory sight, good thing the rear sight has a lot of vertical adjustment because I needed about +0.200" to get zero'd.
    I can run the M4 as fast as I can the 1301 and recoil is similar, although the M4 is noticeably heavier.

In the near future I will be investing in a short barreled M4. I was set on the 1301, but seeing the baffled looks of all the Beretta folks about the issues does not give me confidence that they are serious about the gun. I talked to their LE folks about the loading issue a long time ago and was "dismissed" as it not being an issue and they had not heard about it. The reports I am getting from LE guys running the M4's hard in the field are all very positive.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'm assuming no issues with the ghost load? I've seen people say fun for range/competition but they wouldn't do it for HD, but it didn't seem like they ran it enough to really uncover any issues.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Nearly every tube full at the range has included a ghost round with no issues. It's currently sitting just inside the open door of my bedroom safe 7+1 no ghost.

I thought the 1301 was the holy grail,why choose the M4.
    My choice is same as yours but I use a T1 with a ADM low mount, Vickers sling and
    7+1+1 Winchester 2.75 ounce slugs.

User Tag List