Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GP100 Compact Lett Grips - Available again!

Exclamation GP100 Compact Lett Grips - Available again!

Ruger is selling the Compacts again. They are my favorite GP100 grip.

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grips-wi...uctinfo/70084/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

If you've got a GP100, get one of these-they significantly transform the handling AND concealability og the GP100 very favorably.

Best, Jon

Full size Lett
    SP101
    Compact Lett

The top and bottom GP100's are identical except for the grips.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    I just checked the link, they are listed as compacts but from the pictures they don't look like the old compacts

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Full size Lett
    SP101
    Compact Lett

The top and bottom GP100's are identical except for the grips.
    hizzie, that picture makes me jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    hizzie, that picture makes me jealous.
    Hmmm. How about this one then?

*RS Regulate Affiliate*

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The factory Wiley Clapp grips are from Altamont.
    http://altamontco.blogspot.com/2012/...-dont.html?m=1

I like the finger checkering on the factory ones.

missing an lcr but that is some ruger awesomeness

For anyone who has purchased a new Ruger and not yet registered, if you do so online there is a promo offer of 20% off sportswear and accessories at Ruger's online store. You get the code when you register. Ruger Registration/Promo Not sure if the grips are considered an accessory and eligible for the discount.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Here the compact grips (with Letts silver-black inserts)installed on my 4" Gp100-as I previously mentioned, they give the GP100 an immensely improved concealment butt profile (it vanishes for all practical purposes under concealment garments/jackets/sweaters), and the handling, at least to me, is also commensurately improved. Adjacent to the gun are the OEM larger grips (with Letts Winewood inserts) Yet you still get a full-handed grip, and the recoil cushioning the rubber provides. While I have, and will keep the larger grips (to me they're far better than the Hogues that Ruger is currently using as the OEM GP100 grips), probably the only time I'd be inclined to use them would be for field carry in an external holster when using some of the heavier recoiling .357 magnum cartridges.

To me, they significantly improve my 4" GP, and I think are a far better choice for a 3" GP, both conceptually and aesthetically.

Best, Jon

Last edited by JonInWA; 05-18-2015 at 01:56 PM.

User Tag List