Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GP100 Compact Lett Grips - Available again!

Site Supporter
    sorry for the necropost, but I am looking for a set of compact grips for my 3 inch GP. I noticed these ones the ruger site, but altamont also offers a set that has additional checkering front and rear. Does any one know how the altamonts compare to the ones on the ruger site as far as size goes? altamont GP-100 grips

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    sorry for the necropost, but I am looking for a set of compact grips for my 3 inch GP. I noticed these ones the ruger site, but altamont also offers a set that has additional checkering front and rear. Does any one know how the altamonts compare to the ones on the ruger site as far as size goes? altamont GP-100 grips
    Altamont is the OE manufacturer for Ruger, so the ones on Ruger's site are also Altamonts.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Thanks @BehindBlueI's, that would explain why the price is the same! Appreciate the quick response.

Ruger Compact grip on left and top, and Altamont(full size) on right/bottom respectively.
    Name:  20180523_170427.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  26.6 KB
    Name:  20180523_170346.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  30.2 KB
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 05-23-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the pictures but I was referring to the altamont compact grips.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Ruger Compact grip on left and top, and Altamont(full size) on right/bottom respectively.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    How big a difference does the compact grip actually make ?

Pretty significant; the Compact is much easier to carry concealed, and there is no loss of control with it. I personally much prefer the index provided by the Compact, and I have both the Compact and Full-Size grips for my GP100.

Best, Jon

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How big a difference does the compact grip actually make ?
    I suspect it's going to vary based on the individual's size, method of dress, and carry position. I found them to not be significantly different from the WC grips for me, but a huge difference over the wooden Hogues from the Match Champion.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

As BB stated, it'll vary by individual hand size and physiognomy. For me, the full-size grips somewhat uncomfortably wedged my hands at the top of the grip; the compact ones afford me a much more comfortable hand placement, that also feels more natural. I shoot better with the compact ones-but again, YMMV.

I thought that the full-size grips would come into their own with heavier-recoiling full-house .357 magnum loads, but I didn't find that to be the case for me (somewhat surprisingly, quite honestly). The compact ones were both effective and comfortable with the heavier magnum loads, in addition to the .38 Special +P that I'd normally been using in my GP100.

Both/either are superb grips, and much preferred over the Hogue fingergroove that Ruger switched to several years ago for their OEM GP100 grip.

Best, Jon

I’m trying a compact pair from Altamont for my MC.

Thanks all for pointing them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

User Tag List