Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Federal TruBall

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    SF is 1 1/4 oz. @ 1475 fps
    lots of info here:

http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/filea..._catalogue.pdf

Short story was the SF penetrated 34.9 inches in their testing, and the Classic Magnum 35.3 inches, so both ought to get the penetration job done..
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For what it's worth, I just replaced my Winchester Rack Master Slugs (2 3/4", 1 1/8 Oz, 1625 FPS) with the Federal TruBall Deep Penetrator (2 3/4", 1 Oz, 1350 FPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    For what it's worth, I just replaced my Winchester Rack Master Slugs (2 3/4", 1 1/8 Oz, 1625 FPS) with the Federal TruBall Deep Penetrator (2 3/4", 1 Oz, 1350 FPS)
    How's the accuracy on those? My shotgun is a Magpul-ized 870 with the tactical choke and a Streamlight tlr hl.

Hey Doc what are your thoughts on the Special Forces Brenneke slug?

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    How's the accuracy on those? My shotgun is a Magpul-ized 870 with the tactical choke and a Streamlight tlr hl.
    Those, which? I've got a 18.5 cylinder bore with a front bead only, so it's not like I'm making precision shots any time soon.

But I will say this, the Rack Masters are pretty brutal to shoot. I'm hoping to hit the range soon to give the TruBall DPs a go. I've also got some TruBall "Regular", and some TruBall Low Recoil that I plan to play with too.

Those, which? I've got a 18.5 cylinder bore with a front bead only, so it's not like I'm making precision shots any time soon.

But I will say this, the Rack Masters are pretty brutal to shoot. I'm hoping to hit the range soon to give the TruBall DPs a go. I've also got some TruBall "Regular", and some TruBall Low Recoil that I plan to play with too.
    Truball Deep Penetrators,I believe the leb127dprs is the low recoil version.

Don't discount a bead style front sight. I received this picture from my gunsmith. It is five Remington slugs shot quickly, offhand at 25 yards with just the FO front sight and a Benelli short barrel. One called low.

Last edited by GJM; 05-19-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've got a 18.5 cylinder bore with a front bead only, so it's not like I'm making precision shots any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't discount a bead style front sight. I received this picture from my gunsmith. It is five Remington slugs shot quickly, offhand at 25 yards with just the FO front sight and a Benelli short barrel. One called low.
    I'm not discounting it persay... I was just thinking that there are more than a few guys on here that could get better groups with a pistol at extended social ranges, then I probably could with a bead barrel shotgun.

So,load my 870 Tactical up with Brenneke THD slugs or Federal Tactical #1 buckshot? They seem to penetrate about the same in gel.

User Tag List