Thread: downloadable version of the DotW

downloadable version of the DotW

I have a small suggestion regarding the Drill of the Week posts.

I end up copying and pasting and reformatting the drills each time they are posted so that I have an offline copy and perhaps others do this too. It would be really nice if the drills were posted with a downloadable copy of the instructions... and maybe even have a sticky thread with a zip file that contains all of the posted drills to date for those new to the process who want to catch up.

Just a thought
    "A man's character is his fate."

That would be really helpful. I'm not a fan of using my phone at the range.

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This is a good idea. I'd like to hear more thoughts from people about what exactly they are looking for and how they'd use it, before jumping to a solution.
    I would think a printer-friendly version is what we're seeking. For example, in my case, I did the 30-round dot torture drill the other day, and a simple list of something like this would work:
    "#3 and #4: Draw and fire 1 round to 3 and 4 (3 times)" - simple text to explain what the action is. The other alternative would be to print out a 2nd copy of the dot page to reference (unnecessary use of printer ink/toner), or to pull the target back to the line each time (unnecessary time use).

.pdfs set up for single page printing with room to 3-hole punch would be good for putting into a drills binder.

You could also thumb through them easily on an iPad or something.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    .pdfs set up for single page printing with room to 3-hole punch would be good for putting into a drills binder.

This.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

That is what I had in mind. It would also be nice if a template was used for consistency.
    Maybe even something with a larger font size for the actual drill procedures for easy reading at a glance?

If a standard format is decided upon I would be happy to compile all of the old drills for an initial omnibus zip file.

downloadable version of the DotW

As to format, Word or rich text might be preferable to PDF to allow people to tweak the download to suit their usage (this in place of the 'larger font' suggestion I made...)

This would be a huge time saver for me also. I copy and past each drill into Notes and then print it out to put in my binder. I was trying to figure out how to make it an iBook with a table of contents so I could quickly access the drills without having to scroll through page after page of drills.

Mike

User Tag List