Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Replaced the RSA at 3k.

I have tried the Taren Tactical +10% springs, they seem overkill for the +1 extensions. May end up getting some sort of +2 extension for a reload mag; I'm happy with 6+1 or 7+1 for carry.....get much bigger and the size advantage goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the TT +1 get's the room for 1 more by eliminating the floor plate. Putting a +10 spring would just take up the room of the +1. I'm not sure you would be able to get an extra round in there.

I have experimented with my TT +2 for 10 months now. No problems. If they work for 12+ months I will switch to the 43 for my onegun. I will then just change the springs once a year.
    Last edited by JustOneGun; 04-17-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I'm at 2677 rounds.

About 200 rounds ago I started experiencing intermittent FTFeed from slide lock. 4 instances so far, with more than one mag. I need to number my magazines. The round goes straight into the feedramp and stops, same as what a 1911 used to do when the follower would tilt.

Slightly moving the base of the magazine or lightly tapping the base of the mag causes the slide to move forward and successfully chamber the round.

The recoil spring was replaced 150 rounds ago and I have had it happen twice since the new recoil spring.

The only ammo I've been shooting is American Eagle 147. It is loaded short, and has a flat nose, so it's not a naturally good feeding cartridge by any means. I think a longer, rounder 124 would not have had any issues, but I'm going to finish the case of this and run a case of 124 next to see what happens.

Last edited by M2CattleCo; 04-18-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I'm at 2677 rounds.

About 200 rounds ago I started experiencing intermittent FTFeed from slide lock. 4 instances so far, with more than one mag. I need to number my magazines. The round goes straight into the feedramp and stops, same as what a 1911 used to do when the follower would tilt.

Slightly moving the base of the magazine or lightly tapping the base of the mag causes the slide to move forward and successfully chamber the round.

The recoil spring was replaced 150 rounds ago and I have had it happen twice since the new recoil spring.

The only ammo I've been shooting is American Eagle 147. It is loaded short, and has a flat nose, so it's not a naturally good feeding cartridge by any means. I think a longer, rounder 124 would not have had any issues, but I'm going to finish the case of this and run a case of 124 next to see what happens.
    I see something similar with my Taran +1 mag; not from lock, usually with 2 rounds left in the mag.

Is anyone else seeing wonky extraction as the round count moves up?

I'm currently just shy of 4400 rounds on mine and am seeing a good percentage of spent cases going more or less straight up. I've had brass land on the gun, my hands, the bill of my hat. Not with any force other than gravity pulling them back down, but the raining brass is distracting. Not load dependent, doing it with WWB, Lawman, Gold Dots and HST. Also doing it with stock mag's and well as with Pearce +1's....the Taran as well, I'm gonna replace that one.
    Last edited by Kanati; 05-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Mine is ejecting fine. Better than most Glocks, as it even ejects normally without a magazine most of the time.

I haven't shot it about two weeks but I'll be back on the range pretty hard this coming week.

It could be your mag springs giving up if you're starting to get nosedives.

I'm at 2677 rounds.

Try a new mag spring? Usually fixes it. Is it an OEM mag and spring? I don't have the number or rounds through mine that you do. But I have left my TT+2 and my OEM mag fully loaded for 11 months now. If they make it to 13 I'll trust them.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I realized that I had not shot my 43 in a few months. I have kept the mags stored fully loaded. My TT+2 with extra power spring continues to work fine. It ran flawlessly today with some strangely crappy Aguilla ammo that was just dribbling out of the pistol. The TT+2 has been stored fully loaded for 10 months now. I've only put 600 rounds through it. I will concentrate on the 43 for the next 3 months and see how the TT+2 holds up.

For me I find testing the mags are more about how long the springs hold up before malfunction rather than round count. I'm hoping for 13 months with no problems(I change the springs in the carry gun every 12 months.) If so I'll buy some more TT+2's and actually carry the 43. And of course I'll buy a new 43 with the TT+2's to vet and carry while making this 43 my training gun.

I would also be curious if anyone has an advanced test on the ETS 9 round mag? I know they're not out yet. Curious what spring they are using? If it works out I would love to make that a spare magazine.
    Last edited by JustOneGun; 05-12-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    So can we say with any degree of certainty that the pearce plus one floorplates are factory reliable with the stock spring?

Next question is two fold, do all the plus 2 options require a spring change and if yes which has the most proven track record?
    I have over 7000 rounds through my 43 and about 6600+ of those are with either TTI or Pearce +1 baseplates. I did replace the RSA at 6000 rounds.
    The few (maybe 3?) malfunctions I've had were definitely abnormal ammo.

I've shot well over 600 hollowpoints through it without an issue as well. The little puke runs like all Glocks should.

I do have some Vickers +2 kits (come with extra long springs) but I haven't shot them enough to comment on them.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Had this same problem today. I'm shooting a new-to-me G43 with ZHD (zombie home defense) serial number. I've put about 400 rounds through it so far and am trying to warm up to the gun.

The two mags I was shooting had Vickers/TD +2's with the extra power spring that came with the extensions. Both have 01 on the magazine. Is there a mag catch issue with the G43 that might result in mags seating lower than they should? I see some youtube videos about modifying it. I only started reading this thread at page 29...

Past problems have been similar failures to feed but also involved +2's (TTI before there were extra power springs.) For some reason 6+1 doesn't satisfy me. (7+1 in my PPS does though.)

Ammo today was 147 HST and 147 AE. I'll get some 124gr defensive ammo and see what happens.

Today was also the first day shooting with the Hogue slip-on grip, which greatly improved my ability to hold onto the tiny gun with my XL hands, and I think the little bit of material on the upper backstrap gives me better trigger finger position.

Last edited by vandal; 05-20-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a G43 and plan to move my Trijicon HD front site over from my G19. The front site has an overall height of 0.268in, blade height of 0.215in, and width of 0.144in (measurements off Trijicon website). I will need to get a new rear sight and looking at Ameriglo's site for a black serrated rear. Can anyone help with what Model/Size Ameriglo rear I should get for POA for up to 10 yards?

Just get a set of UC sights. The 215 front is way high for a 43.

User Tag List