Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

Outstanding write up - thank you.

The more I read such reports, the more I lean toward the G26 for my own carry needs and XL glove sized hands.
    That, or have a G19's grip chopped to G26 length for certain NPE situations.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Outstanding write up - thank you.

The more I read such reports, the more I lean toward the G26 for my own carry needs and XL glove sized hands.
    That, or have a G19's grip chopped to G26 length for certain NPE situations.
    I have all of those (less the "chopped" G19). My G19 is on my hip as a primary carry gun (plain clothes duty), my G26 is on my ankle, my G43 is in the safe at home.

I can see the G43 coming out to play as a pocket carry pistol to back up either the G19 or G26 for hot weather - otherwise I mainly bought it to tick off my chain of command by adding ANOTHER authorized personal weapon to my "letter..."

And, again, we come back to "what is NPE." If by NPE you mean you have to carry with absolute discretion, with strict dress code (no untucked shirts, no vests, no jacket), I think the G43 makes a lot of sense in a tuckable IWB or AIWB holster. For me, NPE means wanting to avoid hassle from my local PD brothers and sisters, so my concealment requirements are a lot more "casual" than yours - even IF I got "made," a 10 second discussion and production of badge/credentials will smooth things over...

Regards,

Kevin

Glad to see so many good reports... Mine is on its way back to GA for a check up. The trigger will not reset unless light pressure is maintained against the trigger. Also the locking block pin is immovable, short of using mjolnor, which I do not have access to. They sent me my shipping label this AM.
    I hope it returns to me as well as the one discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    Glad to see so many good reports... Mine is on its way back to GA for a check up. The trigger will not reset unless light pressure is maintained against the trigger. Also the locking block pin is immovable, short of using mjolnor, which I do not have access to. They sent me my shipping label this AM.
    I hope it returns to me as well as the one discussed here.
    The pin is easily removed by pressing down on the slide stop near the locking block then pushing the pin out.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Excellent work, as always. I found my own experience regarding accurate shooting at distance with the G43 mirrors your observations. Not sure if a Ghost connector is in order or not, more to follow.
    I have installed the Ghost connector in my two G43 pistols, first one (shot reliably), then the other (also shot reliably). They claim a 3# reduction in trigger pull and I believe them.

The 4 G43 edge connectors I installed brought the trigger pull in line with other Gen 4 Glocks and did not reduce the trigger pull anywhere near 3 pounds.

Thanks for the report Skintop911! Very informative.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Excellent write up. I have a G26 and a Shield in addition to the G23. I wouldn't sell either just to buy the G23. I agree the G26 is easier to run at speed,( for me because of the wider grip and a better trigger). Still, I am going to keep the G23 and add a Ghost connector. I notice Ghost sells two connectors. Any of you try both?

UPDATE

+112rds yesterday. Added two new loads and 1 new shooter to the list. No malfunctions. Able to stay well under 3 sec on D5s, no real difference in times but shot dispersion is less with the added work. I trimmed the finger rest off the spare magazine and finished it to the flush profile. No additional magazine ejections during NSRs.

Number of shooters: 11
    Cumulative round count: 1,342

Updated ammo list:

Ammunition used (26):
    50rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr FMJ (BHA brass)
    50rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr GDHP +P (Starline brass)
    30rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr TAC-XP +P (Win brass)
    100rds Black Hills Ammunition 115gr TAC-XP +P (BHA brass)
    60rds Black Hills Ammunition 124gr JHP-XTP +P (BHA brass)

26rds Federal 100gr RHT lead free frangible
    50rds Federal 115 FMJ (aluminum case)
    50rds Federal Champion 115gr FMJ
    50rds Federal 124gr Hydra-Shok
    *100rds Federal 147gr JHP
    50rds Federal 147gr Hydra-Shok
    50rds Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
    62rds American Eagle 115 FMJ
    50rds American Eagle 147 FMJ
    50rds American Eagle 124gr FMJ
    50rds CCI Blazer Brass 115 FMJ

50rds Corbon 115gr FMJ (Starline brass)
    40rds Corbon 100gr +P Pow’RBall62rds PMC Bronze 115 FMJ

50rds Freedom Munitions 115 FMJ
    50rds Herters-Tula 115 FMJ (steel case)
    50rds Winchester Mk254 Mod 0 Frangible
    46rds Remington 100gr Disintegrator lead free frangible
    *16rds International Cartridge Company 100gr lead free frangible
    50rds Fiocchi 115gr FMJ
    50rds Remington UMC 147 FMJ
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Please excuse my ignorance. What are D5s? Thanks.

User Tag List