Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I have 565 rounds through the gun and most are with the +2's. Smooth sailing this far and hoping that carries into the +3.
    Did you switch from the OEM to extra power magazine springs?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you switch from the OEM to extra power magazine springs?
    One I bought after they started shipping with the new springs. The grey +2 was before that but hasn't choked so I'm waiting to see how long that takes.

I have somewhere north of 3600 rounds through my 43 and ~3300 of those are with Taran or Pearce +1s.

Lots of JHPs in that total. The +1 adds so little extra length the stock spring is fine IMHO.

+2 I wouln't trust one that didn't have a longer spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have somewhere north of 3600 rounds through my 43 and ~3300 of those are with Taran or Pearce +1s.

Lots of JHPs in that total. The +1 adds so little extra length the stock spring is fine IMHO.

+2 I wouln't trust one that didn't have a longer spring.
    I don't carry the +2 with the OEM spring - just the one with the extra power. I'm just trying to see how long before I can make the OEM sprung version have issues. I've also shot a good amount of +P ammo (Corbon DPX, Black Hills X bullet load, and Barnes TAC-XPD) without issue. I seem to recall folks having problems with +P stuff in these guns. Though to be fair, the barnes X bullet +P ammo doesn't really feel like other +P ammo I've shot in any platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well, I was just about ready to give carrying mine a try after finding out it liked Federal 147 HST's. Then,,,failures for the trigger to reset. Great. Haven't tore it apart yet to see if I can figure it out.
    Did you ever get it fixed? Agree with Chuck... the 43 is somewhat different from "standard" Glock trigger action stuff, etc. I have gotten one of the new connectors, done to improve the trigger pulls. Two of the three G43s I've shot DID have pretty hard trigger pulls, but mine is actually not so bad... and it has the original connector too. Hmmm... well, I'll try the new one anyway, just to see.

But I would probably avoid any after-market goodies. Is that what caused you problems?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well, I was just about ready to give carrying mine a try after finding out it liked Federal 147 HST's. Then,,,failures for the trigger to reset. Great. Haven't tore it apart yet to see if I can figure it out.
    The usual G43 problem of a trigger failing to reset is the trigger bar's "cruciform" not being tucked into the trigger spring's "hook" after that area was worked on.
    Name:  G43_triggermech.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  30.1 KB
    Last edited by L-2; 07-25-2016 at 11:27 AM.

I think I shall never detail strip this area.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Did you ever get it fixed? Agree with Chuck... the 43 is somewhat different from "standard" Glock trigger action stuff, etc. I have gotten one of the new connectors, done to improve the trigger pulls. Two of the three G43s I've shot DID have pretty hard trigger pulls, but mine is actually not so bad... and it has the original connector too. Hmmm... well, I'll try the new one anyway, just to see.

But I would probably avoid any after-market goodies. Is that what caused you problems?

Still unknown as to what caused it. It is possible that I just put it back together wrong, though I don't think so. It was like Chuck had said and the bar was off the hook. I reassembled it and haven't had any problems since. Of course that was less than 500 rounds ago so I am not confident that it is 100%.

Seems GJM must have jinxed me. Lol! A buddy and I took turns shooting it and the +2 mag with the extra power spring had a malfunction early on. The nose of the round was pitched up under the hood. The OEM sprung +2 had no issues, and neither did the +3. We used up all the ammo I brought trying to get it to happen again - shooting slow... fast... support hand only... strong hand only. The mag that had the issue and the +3 were our focus and it was smooth sailing. In all it was 178 rounds of Gold Dot G2 (the recalled stuff from Kiesler) and 75 rounds of Speer Lawman 115 FMJ. The one malf was with the G2. Got home and cleaned the gun for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The nose of the round was pitched up under the hood.
    Exactly what happened to the two Gold Dot 124gr +P that choked on my G43; out of Taran +2 magazine plates that were still using the original Glock 6 round mag springs. I soon after got the slightly longer spring Taran now provides. Never had another problem, through almost 300 rounds... but no +P anything. So, might have been the springs... but I'm thinking certain situations with +P 9mm ammunition could be equally bad.

I'm going to shoot it some more soon; if I get another 500 rounds, with both training FMJ and the 124gr standard Gold Dots I would carry in it, with no issues period... I'll trust it to carry.

Hopefully...

User Tag List