Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

https://youtu.be/7OqYl1sGL5w

Shooting past 3000 rounds. Still zero malfs - I think I'll keep it

Well, I was just about ready to give carrying mine a try after finding out it liked Federal 147 HST's. Then,,,failures for the trigger to reset. Great. Haven't tore it apart yet to see if I can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well, I was just about ready to give carrying mine a try after finding out it liked Federal 147 HST's. Then,,,failures for the trigger to reset. Great. Haven't tore it apart yet to see if I can figure it out.
    And I was just about to order an Edge connector for mine. I would be curious to hear what you find out.

Mine likes the HST's also. 124 and 147 standard pressure shot about the same.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 04-03-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    That's odd. Have you done anything to the pistol?

My G42 did that several times, it was the trigger parts coming apart inside the gun. They go together differently than the other larger Glocks, be careful if you are thinking about detailing the gun out.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    That's odd. Have you done anything to the pistol?
    Just the Edge connector. It has about 300 rounds and a lot of dry work through it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    My G42 did that several times, it was the trigger parts coming apart inside the gun. They go together differently than the other larger Glocks, be careful if you are thinking about detailing the gun out.
    Good point, wonder if it was reassembled incorrectly after dropping that edge connector in? That forward tab on the cruciform haso to slide under and into the piece on the trigger housing add I'm sure you know. Wondering if perhaps that may be the issue? I've done a lot of reading on the 43 and never come across this phenomenon yet. To be fair though, I wasn't looking either...

Finally snagged a Taran Tactical +3 magazine. Will try to hit the range this week and test for function. It is a bit too long for carrying concealed but as a reload when in an environment that sees the G43 as a primary it will hopefully do nicely.

Here are some pics for size comparison. Barring some agency requirement I don't see any reason to use the factory 6rd mag with pinky rest. The TTI +1 is shorter. I typically use the +2 in the gun and it fits in the pocket perfectly.

The best reason to use the factory magazine is for potential reliability, as all the testing Glock did was with factory magazines. Not saying the Taran won't work, but you and other Taran users, are effectively test pilots for the Taran extension, magazine springs and the relationship between this combination and the rest of the 43 system.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The best reason to use the factory magazine is for potential reliability, as all the testing Glock did was with factory magazines. Not saying the Taran won't work, but you and other Taran users, are effectively test pilots for the Taran extension, magazine springs and the relationship between this combination and the rest of the 43 system.
    I have 565 rounds through the gun and most are with the +2's. Smooth sailing this far and hoping that carries into the +3.

User Tag List