Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

I did some accuracy shooting today at 21 yards to see if I noticed any difference between the three magazine configurations I have (flat, oem extended, Pearce +0)

I prefer the oem extension as it's shaped a little differently and really locks the pistol in my hand, it also assists slapping a new mag in a little better than the Pearce. The Pearce definitely wins in the aesthetics category.

I shot several 13 round groups with each configuration. I noticed no difference between the extended base plates, but I did shoot better in slow fire accuracy with the flat base plates. I was 6-8" with the extended, consistently 6" with the flats.

I will continue to carry with the extended plates as overall handling is improved as well as my accuracy shooting at speed.

Ammo log as of today:

1,527 rounds total, 1 FTEj with Win Ranger 127+p+

150 rounds 147 HST
    100 147+p HST
    100 124 Gold Dot
    100 124+p Gold Dot
    50 127+p+ Winchster Ranger
    20 124+p PDX-1
    Approximately 500 of 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass, 507 American Eagle 147 fmj
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 03-16-2017 at 07:15 PM.

I passed the 2K round mark with the 43 today. The more I shoot and carry it, the more I like it. It works well for me and it's an easy gun to shoot.
    After spending more time with the Pearce +0 extensions, I like them better than the stock ones. They just feel a little more comfortable and after doing quite a bit of reload practice I never had any issue with them as I had initially anticipated.

2,127 rounds total, 1 FTEj with Win Ranger 127+p+

150 rounds 147 HST
    100 147+p HST
    100 124 Gold Dot
    100 124+p Gold Dot
    50 127+p+ Winchster Ranger
    20 124+p PDX-1
    100 Remington 115 JHP
    100 Winchester WWB 147 JHP
    Approximately 500 of 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass
    557 American Eagle 147 fmj
    100 Tula steel case 115 fmj
    100 Federal Aluminum 115 fmj
    150 Winchester Forged steel case 115 fmj
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 03-24-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    After spending more time with the Pearce +0 extensions, I like them better than the stock ones. They just feel a little more comfortable and after doing quite a bit of reload practice I never had any issue with them as I had initially anticipated.
    Always click on this thread to see your updates, appreciate you taking the time to keep it updated. Curious if you've tried the Pearce +1? It's by far and away my favorite of everything I've run on my 43 mags. I'm also a fan of my Tango Down/Vickers +2's, but they're relegated to spare mag duty for the most part.

I have not tried any +1s or 2s yet. I'm somewhat of a luddite when it comes to increasing capacity in a single stack mag. I've untangled all the old tricks trying to get 8 rounders to work in the 1911 days. I don't subscribe to caliber debates, so in my (maybe feeble) mind, 6+1 of 147 HST in the 43 is more than the equivalent of an officer's size 45 back in the day.

And my 43 works!

I've been shooting my 17K this week, so the 43 only got 50 rounds yesterday. Up to 2,177 rounds and is officially my favorite gun!

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I have not tried any +1s or 2s yet. I'm somewhat of a luddite when it comes to increasing capacity in a single stack mag. I've untangled all the old tricks trying to get 8 rounders to work in the 1911 days. I don't subscribe to caliber debates, so in my (maybe feeble) mind, 6+1 of 147 HST in the 43 is more than the equivalent of an officer's size 45 back in the day.

And my 43 works!

I've been shooting my 17K this week, so the 43 only got 50 rounds yesterday. Up to 2,177 rounds and is officially my favorite gun!

To echo, great thread and thank you for the updates. I have a 43 and have been on the fence about selling it for a few months now, this thread keeps it in my possession. I only bought it for ankle carry in a NPE where I was allowed to carry but had to keep it secret from others. I am fortunate that a 19 conceals just as well as the 43, oddly.

Just rambling, but thank you again.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'm starting to not suck butt with this little thing!
    Put 8 rounds in the size of a fist at 10 yards in about 5 seconds.
    The downside is that I've been experiencing FTF on the last round in the mag with Taran +1 base plates. Guess I'll order some stronger springs.

Went over 4K with mine today. To date the sole issue has been with running extended base plates and +p Gold Dots. Don't have a detailed breakdown of ammunition used; some Tula, mainly WWB and Speer Lawman, few hundred Gold Dots and HST's.

I've been having solid success with the Pearce +1 extensions; zero issues with standard pressure 124 gn Gold dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Went over 4K with mine today. To date the sole issue has been with running extended base plates and +p Gold Dots. Don't have a detailed breakdown of ammunition used; some Tula, mainly WWB and Speer Lawman, few hundred Gold Dots and HST's.

I've been having solid success with the Pearce +1 extensions; zero issues with standard pressure 124 gn Gold dots.
    Have you tried stronger mag springs?
    Do you play on replacing the RSA?

Review: Glock 43 w/ Shooting Results

Replaced the RSA at 3k.

I have tried the Taren Tactical +10% springs, they seem overkill for the +1 extensions. May end up getting some sort of +2 extension for a reload mag; I'm happy with 6+1 or 7+1 for carry.....get much bigger and the size advantage goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kanati; 04-03-2017 at 03:10 PM.

So can we say with any degree of certainty that the pearce plus one floorplates are factory reliable with the stock spring?

Next question is two fold, do all the plus 2 options require a spring change and if yes which has the most proven track record?

User Tag List