Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CED 7000 Shot Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Lots of good feedbacks. I am concern about the durability of CED 7000. I may have to return it for a Pact III timer.
    If it makes you feel better (it won't) I've had or read about reliability issues with every single timer available, and it makes for a great time trying to play the purchase lottery. I consider them all fragile objects to be babied
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by 2alpha-down0 View Post
    The hinged belt clip is garbage. I imagine it grips the timer better if you've got one of the rubber cases,
    The clip does work well if you have the rubber case. My 7000 has been in service for many years (since they were released). It is starting to get a bit flaky - I took the screws out of the back so I could pop it apart and 'reset' the system by disconnecting the back/battery. That seems to work well. I may replace the battery and see if that helps with the flakyness.

For personal use I really like the 7000, but I usually have a bay to myself. If I was in a noisier situation I'd definitely go for the watch one these days. For match use I definitely prefer the RUReady yellow boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Most of my shooting these days is at indoor ranges, how well do either of these work for that? (I.e., will the shots of the guy two lanes over register?)
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The Shotmaxx has an accelerometer that can tell when your arm is moving under recoil.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've shot nearly shoulder to shoulder and no issues. The accelerometer in the Shotmaxx works as intended.
    I know about the Shotmaxx, what about the CED or Pocket Pro?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I know about the Shotmaxx, what about the CED or Pocket Pro?
    The Pocket Pro II (what I use) and the CED do not have accelerometers, relying only upon sound detection to function. The Pocket Pro II can be adjusted to work well at an indoor range.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Pocket Pro II (what I use) and the CED do not have accelerometers, relying only upon sound detection to function. The Pocket Pro II can be adjusted to work well at an indoor range.
    Thanks
    Perhaps I should have added that I have my FLGS & Indoor Range is less than a mile from my house, making a trip to the closest outdoor range less than ideal.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    The clip does work well if you have the rubber case. My 7000 has been in service for many years (since they were released). It is starting to get a bit flaky - I took the screws out of the back so I could pop it apart and 'reset' the system by disconnecting the back/battery. That seems to work well. I may replace the battery and see if that helps with the flakyness.

For personal use I really like the 7000, but I usually have a bay to myself. If I was in a noisier situation I'd definitely go for the watch one these days. For match use I definitely prefer the RUReady yellow boxes.
    Do I have to buy the rubber case or it comes with the package?

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Do I have to buy the rubber case or it comes with the package?
    The case is extra.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Thanks
    Perhaps I should have added that I have my FLGS & Indoor Range is less than a mile from my house, making a trip to the closest outdoor range less than ideal.
    I'd get the ShotMaxx if I were you.
    #RESIST

User Tag List