Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CED 7000 Shot Timer

It picks up shots with a microphone too, Haraise. But I just use a Pocket Pro II like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It picks up shots with a microphone too, Haraise. But I just use a Pocket Pro II like everyone else.
    Well, not everyone else...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I have a broken CED 7000 in my dead timer collection. PACT Club timer, too.

I have three Pocket Pro II's, so I can have one working, one spare and one back for repair. You know, just like the CZ Shadow.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The way I was told, the CED is more compact and far less reliable than the Pocket Pro II. However, the cool kids are using this nowadays.
    That's what I use and I'm very happy with it. The downside is it won't keep strings without the app so you need to write each string down if you want to save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Smallness isn't really a big point for me, but how would people use it as not a watch? A lot of it's functionality comes from the shock sensor in it.
    Like someone said, with the microphone it works just like a normal timer. Personally I stick it in my belt where I'd stick any other timer (just push the wristband into the belt, simple).

I think of it like a pocket pro, just smaller with more functionality and the bonus of the accelerometer if I want it. Only thing that it's a little goofy for is timing other people, but I time myself a billion times more than RO.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Most of my shooting these days is at indoor ranges, how well do either of these work for that? (I.e., will the shots of the guy two lanes over register?)
    Last edited by Drang; 05-11-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: I blame the cat
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Most of my shooting these days is at indoor ranges, how well do either of these work for that? (I.e., will the shots of the guy two lanes over register?)
    The Shotmaxx has an accelerometer that can tell when your arm is moving under recoil.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I've shot nearly shoulder to shoulder and no issues. The accelerometer in the Shotmaxx works as intended.

Lots of good feedbacks. I am concern about the durability of CED 7000. I may have to return it for a Pact III timer.

I'm happy with my CED 7000. I like the display and controls much better than the PACT or Pocket Pro.

The hinged belt clip is garbage. I imagine it grips the timer better if you've got one of the rubber cases, but without it, it's a matter of minutes before I hear the timer go skittering across the gravel.
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

User Tag List