Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CED 7000 Shot Timer

CED 7000 Shot Timer

Looking for a compact shot timer for training sessions. Please tell me about CED 7000 Shot Timer.

I have one. I've never really had any problems with it, but I eventually bought a Pocket Pro II, which I greatly prefer.

The Pocket Pro II has a wider range of volume adjustment, which my dog REALLY appreciates. It also takes 9V batteries, so I keep them in my range bag. With the 7000, I had to make sure I had adequate charge on it before heading out. The Pocket Pro II's PAR time will go down to 0.4 Sec, which is very helpful with some dry fire drills, lowest you can go on the CED 7000 is 0.6 Sec.

Some people dislike the "tone" the CED makes, but it never really bothered me.

All that said, I do prefer the Pocket Pro II, but if I was forced to use the CED for the rest of my life exclusively, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

The way I was told, the CED is more compact and far less reliable than the Pocket Pro II. However, the cool kids are using this nowadays.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I have one. I've never really had any problems with it, but I eventually bought a Pocket Pro II, which I greatly prefer.

The Pocket Pro II has a wider range of volume adjustment, which my dog REALLY appreciates. It also takes 9V batteries, so I keep them in my range bag. With the 7000, I had to make sure I had adequate charge on it before heading out. The Pocket Pro II's PAR time will go down to 0.4 Sec, which is very helpful with some dry fire drills, lowest you can go on the CED 7000 is 0.6 Sec.

Some people dislike the "tone" the CED makes, but it never really bothered me.

All that said, I do prefer the Pocket Pro II, but if I was forced to use the CED for the rest of my life exclusively, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    It looks CED is much smaller and with larger digital display where Pocket Pro II. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The way I was told, the CED is more compact and far less reliable than the Pocket Pro II. However, the cool kids are using this nowadays.
    I really like the features there, but don't want to wear a watch. Is there anything that beats it in a box format?

The CED is definitely smaller, which isn't a big deal to me, your mileage certainly may vary. I dunno if either is more durable. No problems either way for me, but I haven't abused either one.

The numbers are larger and easier to read on the pocket pro ii.

I did forget to mention one sweet part of the CED, the multi PAR function. It's good for making yourself draw fast, and "shoot" with discipline in dry fire.

I have a CED 7000. It works well for me, fits in my shirt pocket and I like how easy it is to review all the shots in a string. As far as recharging goes, the battery seems to last for quite some time.

I don't have any experience with the Pocket Pro so I can't make a comparison.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I've broken 2 CED 7000s. The buttons stopped working on both. First the reset and start buttons on the top of the unit, then the same buttons on the front side of the unit. Same thing in the same sequence with both of them. I was never particularly abusive to either of them, FWIW. I can't speak to their warrantee because I never sent them back. Other than that I really like the handy size and functionality. I have had the battery die in the middle of drill sessions on a few occasions, but I bought a vehicle adapter to remedy that issue. I'd prefer they had a replaceable battery.

I'm about 6 months into a Pocket Pro. So far so good with no drama. It's bigger and a bit less handy but it has worked as advertised so far.

t

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I really like the features there, but don't want to wear a watch. Is there anything that beats it in a box format?
    It's the smallest timer out there, and you don't have to wear it like a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It's the smallest timer out there, and you don't have to wear it like a watch.
    Smallness isn't really a big point for me, but how would people use it as not a watch? A lot of it's functionality comes from the shock sensor in it.

User Tag List