Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Here w/ New G34 & ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkster View Post
    the reason I would want to run full mags in my high cap 9 is simple..."Practice"...practice for real world scenarios...and wouldn't you feel pretty foolish if in the heat of the moment of a real world situation you automatically and intuitively nailed your mag release at a subconscious shot count of (10) while 7-9 rds were still in it because..."That's What You Practiced"?..."in competition"....for years and thousands of stages shot...does that help clear things up for you of why I would prefer to run full mags in Limited/Minor?
    Rob is spot on IMO. The idea that anyone will count rounds (subconsciously or otherwise) in a real gunfight is largely fantasy. You're spending time worrying about a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Glad that helped

Just be aware that many of those type things will force you in to Limited, and may not be Production legal. Maybe that's what you meant, but if not, and you're interested in shooting Production, check the rules before spending money on something

There was a good thread on here recently on starter USPSA gear...

Edit to add: USPSA Gear https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15847
    LNL...check your link...y'all revived the monster in me...Via Ben Stoeger. LOL!...ahhh...PS/Edit...I'll save ya the trip...least I can do!

So?...just got done ordering up the BSPS Boss Dropped & Offset DOH Holster...the $99.99 one with the S.S. thumbscrews which includes the hanger with the BOSS holster and a BT mag pouch tossed in to sweeten up the deal...it's going on my old 1.5" Black Basket-Weave gun belt which I had to order a new hook and loop under belt for from optics planet...I ordered the Holster with the 3/4" "LONG Spacers" figuring...I'm a machinist...this way I can cut'em down (if necessary) to hit just under that 2" max off the belt...this one...

except with a G34 in it! LOL!

This one...

Anyways...thanks for the suggestion...I think it's going to be a real sweet, fast rig when I'm done hooking it up! L8R, Bill.
    Last edited by Jinkster; 05-11-2015 at 08:49 PM.

To me, what's great about Limited Minor is that you better shoot As, As, and more As if you want to win.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    To me, what's great about Limited Minor is that you better shoot As, As, and more As if you want to win.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Yes.
    And I'm cool with that...as there should be some sort of handicap given to those with harder recoiling, slower shooting calibers. LOL

And of course I'm just teasing here but that's the way I look at it for a number of reasons as follows....

1. I don't reload anymore so anything more expensive than factory 9 mm ammo?...and I wouldn't be able to afford to play as much as I like.

2. I'm flat out faster with a 9....I held the range record at Bonnets Shooting Club in Jupiter, FL for a "Vice El Presidente" stage of fire...2 mandatory mag changes...6 shots in each of 3 targets...I scored 18 A-Zone hits and got it done in 7 seconds flat...Belgium Browning Hi-Power.

User Tag List