Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Fire Routine

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I must ask this and I hope this is not offensive, but after watching your video you look very siilar to the guy that has the dry fire cd and videos sold in conjunction with Rogers Shooting School are you the same person?
    I laughed. Out loud. "You look like the guy in those videos... I hope that's not offensive to you."

HH is in fact that same guy. He's got a very good set of dry-fire CDs and spent many years as the head instructor at Rogers Shooting School. In fact, the last time I was down there for a class ('08), HH was our lead instructor. For those who haven't been to the school before, every night there is a planned dry fire session with the instructors to help build on the skills being taught on the range.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I laughed. Out loud. "You look like the guy in those videos... I hope that's not offensive to you."

HH is in fact that same guy. He's got a very good set of dry-fire CDs and spent many years as the head instructor at Rogers Shooting School. In fact, the last time I was down there for a class ('08), HH was our lead instructor. For those who haven't been to the school before, every night there is a planned dry fire session with the instructors to help build on the skills being taught on the range.
    Well......When you start telling people that they look like someone else sometimes it just gets ugly.

But for what it is worth, I put those dry fire cds on my ipod and have been using them for close to a year. I love them and they have helped a lot. I think they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I must ask this and I hope this is not offensive, but after watching your video you look very siilar [sic] to the guy that has the dry fire cd and videos sold in conjunction with Rogers Shooting School are you the same person?

Disclaimer:

I have those videos on my main computer but the video card died and I cannot go back and watch them for reference.
    I am the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I have a question relating to the Youtube video that was posted. Is there a reason when practicing reloads from slide lock that the gentleman in the video is only using the blue training mag for insertion and then swapping it back to his carrier? Is it due to weight of the blue mag being similar to a fully loaded magazine? I don't have any blue mags and just use empties for practice.
    I like Bennie's blue safety mags. They have more weight, no feed lips to hamper the insertion, and they don't function the slide stop.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I like Bennie's blue safety mags. They have more weight, no feed lips to hamper the insertion, and they don't function the slide stop.
    Cool, thanks!

Retention

Excuse my English understanding - what does the term "Retention" mean in Wednesday of Week 3?
    Draw&Fire from retention, draw back to retention, ...

It's some gun position like High or Low ready?
    Or it's connected to retention holster or reload?
    Or ...?

Better ask than die stupid
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I am the same person.
    Well I would like to personally thank you for making the Dry Fire CDs and routines; they have challenged me and help me to discover some of my weak points. I use them almost daily to strengthen my shooting skills since I have limited live fire sessions.

Where would one find these dryfire CDs?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by yarco View Post
    Excuse my English understanding - what does the term "Retention" mean in Wednesday of Week 3?
    There are a variety of different ways people teach shooting from retention. But essentially, they are shooting positions for contact and near-contact distance shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Where would one find these dryfire CDs?
    http://www.dryfire-practice.com/page...age&category=1

User Tag List