Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dry Fire Routine

Removed.
    Last edited by Corlissimo; 05-03-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Posted to new thread.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Smile Thanks for the help.

Todd;

I've been using your Dry Fire Routine for about two month now. The improvement in my skills is outstanding! Thanks for the help.

A couple of questions of clarification.

How do you practice the draw from the holster WHO in the Tuesday practice session?

Anytime a speed is not specified, I run the drill slow. Correct?

I have added another two drills to each day.

First, I added the "case on the front sight drill" as follows. 5 reps two hands strong side; 5 reps one hand strong side; 5 reps two hands weak side; 5 reps one had weak side. Each five "click" drill must be completed without the case falling off. If it does, that fiev string drill must be repeated. Time limit 10 minutes and I stop until the next day to keep from getting tired.

Second, I add 10 draws from the concealed holster, at speed, with a par time of 1.5 sec. Aim point is a 1/2" x 1" post-it.

Thanks again

Roller
    check 360

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    How do you practice the draw from the holster WHO in the Tuesday practice session?
    There are a variety of ways to accomplish it, all of which involve some degree of risk. As such, it's something I only teach in person. I'm sure you could Google/YouTube a number of methods.

Anytime a speed is not specified, I run the drill slow. Correct?
    I never dry fire at full speed. From the routine description:

When a speed is indicated as “slow” it means no faster than you can guarantee that every movement and every moment is perfectly in proper form. When a speed is indicated as “3/4 speed” it means go at a pace you are doing things right and not fumbling. If you start fumbling, slow down as much as necessary and get in good reps. Good reps are much better than fast reps.

Thanks

Todd; thanks for the help.

Roller
    Check 360

Will I damage my gun if I want to dryfire practice stuff like reloads and clearing malfunctions? My friend said to not let the slide slam shut if the magazine is empty, so I'm wondering if I need to buy snapcaps load into my magazines to practice reloads, TRB, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Will I damage my gun if I want to dryfire practice stuff like reloads and clearing malfunctions? My friend said to not let the slide slam shut if the magazine is empty, so I'm wondering if I need to buy snapcaps load into my magazines to practice reloads, TRB, etc.
    Get yourself some snap caps and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

As a newbie, I'm not sure what TRB and ID designate either. Also. I'm assuming Tuesday of Week 4 (WHO) refers back to Tues., Week 3???

Quote Originally Posted by 52Hubcap View Post
    As a newbie, I'm not sure what TRB and ID designate either. Also. I'm assuming Tuesday of Week 4 (WHO) refers back to Tues., Week 3???
    WHO -> Weak Hand Only
    SHO -> Strong Hand Only
    2H -> Two hands

TRB -> Tap Rack Bang
    LRW -> Lock Rip Work

ID -> Identify as in "shine the light on a potential bad guy"

Hope this helps

Thanx, nycnoob.

User Tag List