Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Two terrorists eliminated by Garland PD

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my contribution. I think the IPSC reference was intentional. Everyone knows that IPSC tends to be more technical and lower round count than USPSA. If the hero copper was really a USPSA GM, he would have gone to slide lock and still been shooting wildly when SWAT arrived to solve the problem. On that basis, I think IPSC was accurate and intentional.
    Well played, sir.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am confused. I thought we had two threads, one in the LE sub forum that only Darryl or Garland PD posted in, and this one in Romper Room where the general public speculated to their heart's content?

I can't imagine, given the circumstances, that anyone that really knows anything is going to say it on line. That means the LE thread is likely going to be pretty sparse. That leaves Romper Room to do what we generally do after such an event, talk out our asses, and do that for tens of pages. A screen shot of Vogel's FB page is a major get, and right or wrong, ought to drive 5 or more pages of this thread.

Here is my contribution. I think the IPSC reference was intentional. Everyone knows that IPSC tends to be more technical and lower round count than USPSA. If the hero copper was really a USPSA GM, he would have gone to slide lock and still been shooting wildly when SWAT arrived to solve the problem. On that basis, I think IPSC was accurate and intentional.
    I had Tom close the LE thread. I wanted that to be a means for the LE guys to discuss some training info and what we can learn and apply immediately to training without waiting for an AAR. It was a lost cause.

The officer in the picture is not a GM or the primary shooter. He IS a fricking monster in person and the pictures don't do him justice. The guy works hard in the gym.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I had Tom close the LE thread. I wanted that to be a means for the LE guys to discuss some training info and what we can learn and apply immediately to training without waiting for an AAR. It was a lost cause.

The officer in the picture is not a GM or the primary shooter. He IS a fricking monster in person and the pictures don't do him justice. The guy works hard in the gym.
    Darryl, when the dust settles, I hope the full details come out. I am sure there are a lot of lessons to be learned.

When stuff like this happens, everyone has their own agenda, and tries to twist it to their benefit. I am just making this up, but wouldn't be surprised if, as a direct result of this event:

1) The Obama administration argued for an extension of the Patriot Act level of surveillance.
    2) The FBI wanted more funding.
    3) The Brady anti-gun folks argued for an AW ban.
    4) The gamers made him a GM or at an honorary GM, by virtue of his performance at a "special classifier."
    5) The Tac community said he prevailed because he was NOT a gamer.
    6) The lady at the center of the controversy raised more money in fund raising appeals.
    7) The fitness freaks said he prevailed because he was so buff.

and on, and on, and on
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Im lost. If I have a live gamer and some dead bad guys or even wounded bad guys post fight what do I need video for. I know that they did good work by the bodies. My point is I'm not finding dead gamers post gunfight. Haven't heard of one in years. So I don't need the bad guy to tell me what happened. He's more likely to one cooling on the ground.

Bear in mind where I live gamer or not guys are getting into shootings. Not only LE. Normal guys. Including a whole lot who by some accounts should be getting killed on da streetz based on their sport of choice.
    ...read what I wrote, you completely misunderstood.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

There are a ton of lessons. For some of us, it will be a real vindication of what some folks have been doing for quite awhile. Unfortunately,there will be a ton of b.s spin and stupidity.

Let's just say that continuous repetition of solid fundamentals and simple solutions to problems pre loaded into the system works. Nobody will want to believe that because it requires continual training and effort with no gimmicks or power points to make it easy, or some expensive secret theory based on some kind of "science" sold by folks with no actual background in what they are theorizing the solution to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Okay wait....if he were wearing a vest that traffic cops usually wear wouldn't he have been shot first? So he obviously wasn't an IDPA shooter.

Gotta give him mad props, whoever he is, he did some damn good work and I'd buy him beer til the sun went down and came back up again. Freaking kudos.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    continual training and effort with no gimmicks or power points to make it easy
    There should be a web forum dedicated to that...

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Like many others, this incident can be boiled down to a few salient points. None of which involve complex tactics, timmie gear, or whether or not the guy is a gamer or a gym rat. It doesn't require the judicious use of Haleybonics. It's not like launching a rocket to Mars sports fans.

1)Be alert, don't walk around with your head in the clouds. That doesn't mean you need to memorize some nifty color code or complex threat matrix. Just pay attention to shit.
    2)Know what you're going to do beforehand. The old saw of, "You never know until it happens" is bovine feces. You'd better have made up your mind before it happens and get it done.
    3)Know your weapons. Don't settle for a basic level of proficiency like most of your typically lazy coworkers. Consider yourself to be a gunfighter and make it so.
    4)Be decisive. This above all is probably the most important point. When I was an instructor I used hundreds of in-car video recordings in training. In every instance in which the officer prevaled they did so because they immediately leaped into action. It may or may not have been the wrong thing to do from a tactical standpoint, but they did something and it saved their ass nearly every time.
    5)Have a set of big brass ones. Whether it be literally or metaphorically, don't be a pussy.

I have an ex-brother in law on the Garland PD. When it comes to these points, I'd say they succeed as a whole better than most.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-09-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Yep, outstanding.

This thread is picking up some steam, on page 9 here. #liking it

User Tag List