Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My EDC G19

My EDC G19

Ive been digging through some old threads... Id like to add a WC match barrel and a Skimmer trigger, but it seems like the reviews are mixed. Should I ditch the idea and just keep practicing as is? I shot my old XD's more accurately than this gun but have since gotten rid of them. I feel like Glocks are definitely capable of being accurate, but less forgiving if your fundamentals are off.

Is the answer ever not "keep practicing"?
    Personally don't see why you'd bother with the match barrel unless your shooting is really limited by the OEM. Mind you, lots of great competitive shooters still use the OEM barrels.

Haha yes you are correct sir. I wouldnt say its inadequate shooting, just that Ive shot better with other guns. Its probably me and needing to get used to this one, I guess I was just wondering if these "upgrades" would aid in that.

What metric did you use to determine that you shot your XDs more accurately than a G19 with an RMR? What were your FAST times with the two?

I have not tried FAST times yet. Im just recalling my groupings being smaller with the XD with alot less "low and left" shots.

A match barrel and $150 trigger is not going to cure low-left syndrome. 15 minutes of dry fire a night will help, and it doesn't cost anything. http://pistol-training.com/archives/5185

Sounds good, have been doing a fair amount of dry fire but will continue to do so.

Match barrels are for guys who can shoot 4" groups at 25 yards.

I don't trust the Scammer trigger. If you want a nice trigger for not a lot of outlay, the TTI connector kit is $45. It drops the pull down to 4.5# from the center of the trigger with a Lyman digital trigger gauge. Up to you if you want a carry trigger at that weight. I've been shooting a Glock with the kit installed since Fall '13 and it's been problem free in terms of reliability. Todd Green has been playing with the kit recently.

If you haven't had any formal firearms training, if you told us where you live I'm sure a forum member would know of good trainers in that area, now that you have $250 left over.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Ive been through a defensive pistol class locally (NC) and have had instructors help me with my grip. I feel that I grip the pistol exactly as one should, high tang and thumbs forward, but just havent been as consistent with the Glock. Maybe it all just boils down to more practice.

That's a sweet G19. I've had good luck with Wilson barrels, but I'd do a lot of other things to a G19 before I'd upgrade the barrel. I've got an unhealthy obsession with Glock accuracy and I've posted extensively on it. A search will help you find those threads.

You probably couldn't find a better place to train and compete than North Carolina. SOCOM is at Ft. Bragg and tons of retired SF and Delta guys live in the area.

How big are your 25-yard groups?

Okie John

User Tag List