Thread: LaserLyte vs SIRT

LaserLyte vs SIRT

http://moderngunneronline.com/2015/0...-trainer-sirt/

I like to dry fire to save money on ammo. I get a little bored and want to spice it up. I was thinking either the laserlyte system or the next level sirt. Does anyone have experience with either or both? Pro and cons of either one? Any advice is appreciated.

I have used an SIRT for over a year now and love it. I mainly practice trigger manipulation and draws. Its trigger and feel are close enough to a Glock and can use real accessories and holsters. That alone is worth a lot. I have installed the same Heinie sights I have on my real one. I have no experience with the Laserlyte one. I'm surprised nobody else hasn't commented because so many here use and like SIRT pistols.

I just picked up a laserlyte training cartridge a few weeks back.... So far I like it. Easy to switch between pistols and I like being able to practice with the actual guns/triggers/sights.

--
    d(-.-)b
    "A man's character is his fate."

I have the SIRT and I love it for presentation drills and for teaching basic fundamentals to new shooters.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I have both and rarely use the laserlyte, mostly because I don't have to do my dry fire ritual. Which is amazing because I can literally do a 30-second session in about 45 seconds, once you factor the time to take my gun out of the holster, put it in the safe, and walk with the sort to the next room. In theory, I'm sure I'd get more benefit from working with the trigger on my actual gun, but in practice I probably got more benefit from the volume that the sirt's convenience allows.

$.02
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Does the red laser SIRT work on the laserlyte targets?

Mike

Yes, the red laser works on their targets

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Yes, the red laser works on their targets
    I thought I heard that somewhere but couldn't remember for sure, thx.

Mike

I have a SIRT and like it. I was contemplating this same question the other day. I'm not sure the laserlyte is worth it unless you get a resetting trigger (assuming you own a glock). Might be a moot point if you have a dao or da/sa or LEM etc. Still thinking about it though.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 09-16-2015 at 10:48 PM.

I have a laserlyte and it's been great. It sucks having to cock the hammer each time, which is probably the biggest drawback to that system. The gun is lighter since I'm not using loaded mags. Otherwise, using my actual gear is great. If I were running primarily/only Glock, I think I'd go with the SIRT. Also, when traveling a SIRT might be easier and more practical to bring along if you want to keep up on practice.

User Tag List