Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Wallet?

Kydex Wallet?

So my leather wallet accidentally went through the laudry...again. Its getting pretty rough so I am looking for a replacement. I was thinking about maybe trying a kydex wallet. I'm sure they are very sturdy and won't be susceptible to damage from laundry accidents. But, how comfy are they to sit on and how easy is it to get your stuff out of them? Anyone here running a kydex wallet and feel like sharing your experiences?

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

No experience with Kydex wallets, but perhaps look into sailcloth wallets? I used to use a Flowfold, upgraded to a RAGGEDEdge. Both wallets were quite tough and extremely light, with the material itself being waterproof; the RAGGEDEdge had superior stitching and construction compared to the Flowfold, while Flowfold is available on Amazon, is cheaper, and thus has a lot more marketshare. I believe both are made in the USA.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 05-05-2015 at 09:54 AM.

No kydex wallet here either but tyvek will do fine in the laundry. I use a tyvek wallet. Very comfortable and lightweight.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

A guy at work has a kydex wallet and has no complaints.

I also think these are pretty cool
    http://recycledfirefighter.com/
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    No kydex wallet here either but tyvek will do fine in the laundry. I use a tyvek wallet. Very comfortable and lightweight.
    Awesome idea.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    I generally hate wallets, but have their explorer model and like it quite a bit.

If I ever wear it out (or just get sick of it), I've bookmarked a number of the other options in this thread (thanks, everyone). I'm a big fan of thin/light/minimalist wallets.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Ragged Edge Gear aramid, carbon fiber and sail cloth for me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

For some years, I have used this model that features an Alaskan map -- I replace it annually:

https://www.dynomighty.com/shop/Explorer-Mighty-Wallet
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For some years, I have used this model that features an Alaskan map -- I replace it annually:

https://www.dynomighty.com/shop/Explorer-Mighty-Wallet
    I've had the PB&J mighty wallet and am now using the hot dog model. I am a fan.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List