Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Detonics thinks that it is in the running for the Army's new sidearm

Well… that certainly is interesting.

One would suppose much depends on the Army's definition of the word "modular"…

I think the author of that article was smoking dope...

How can anyone take that article seriously when it has so many editing errors? Unprofessional at best.

Site Supporter
    It won't be a 40 - because, while my wife was looking at her favorite fashion magazines in the store, I picked up Guns and Ammo and it had an article saying the 40 was dead. For all the well known reasons.

Who's betting against a M9 ish gun or the whole thing being canceled? More plain jane M9s bought.

I would bet high on a M&P - the original requirement was based on that gun.

Caliber - anyone who submits a non 9mm is probably going to get tossed early on the user shooting segment.

I would bet higher on the M9+ (renamed M9A3) continuing on, as it's the cheaper option to a new handgun trial. And new weapons trials have worked out to well in the past...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I would bet high on a M&P - the original requirement was based on that gun.

Caliber - anyone who submits a non 9mm is probably going to get tossed early on the user shooting segment.

I would bet higher on the M9+ (renamed M9A3) continuing on, as it's the cheaper option to a new handgun trial. And new weapons trials have worked out to well in the past...
    I like your optimism. My own bet is on "continued stupidity" so I will be pleasantly surprised if they choose the M9 A3. (For the record, I like the M&P much more than the M9, but it's only a pistol and the A3 looks like it will solve all current problems with the M9 except weight at a supposedly cheaper price than being paid now).

User Tag List