Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Still waiting on the latest prototype from China buddy and I'm not sure when that's gonna happen with all this shit going on.
    Dammit. A Disciple made of Chinesium would be useful. I'm always worried about checking a Ban Tang or a Watson in airline baggage.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dammit. A Disciple made of Chinesium would be useful. I'm always worried about checking a Ban Tang or a Watson in airline baggage.
    I ended up selling my minty BT, but I still have 3 China picks for somewhat similar reasons. The industrial saw blade place in town put a shiny new edge on each one for 8 bucks.

Not at all dude I do not mind answering. I will say that you guys are gonna be super happy with the El Nino and the Disciple 2.0. Especially at the price point.
    I was making a China/COVID-19 joke, then I realized that trolling Southnarc was probably not good for my health.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I was making a China/COVID-19 joke, then I realized that trolling Southnarc was probably not good for my health.

I think you are safe....however the guy in the airport abusing the girl who delivered the wrong order to the arrogant asshole was not. I wish I knew where the story was so I could repost it....anybody have the post where @SouthNarc told that story?

Never mind i found it. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll=1#post85450

I intervened on an incident almost just like this at the Starbucks in the C Councourse in the Atlanta airport last year. Snotty 50s-ish academic type just berating the shit out of a teenage girl who messed up his order of soylattefrappamacchiatohorsesemen. Dude was almost yelling at the little girl who was visibly cowering. So I walked over grabbed him by the lapel and told him that if he uttered one more word from his vile suckhole, that I would break his jaw and rape him. Then I gave him five bucks for his coffee, and told him to fuck off and leave. He did threatening to sue me and call the cops. Pussy....

Not exactly de-escalation or deterence I know, but I get sick of seeing people do this shit without consequences. If bad behavior put more people in casts and on crutches they'd probably think twice before showing their ass.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-15-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I think you are safe....however the guy in the airport abusing the girl who delivered the wrong order to the arrogant asshole was not. I wish I knew where the story was so I could repost it....anybody have the post where @SouthNarc told that story?

Never mind i found it. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll=1#post85450

I intervened on an incident almost just like this at the Starbucks in the C Councourse in the Atlanta airport last year. Snotty 50s-ish academic type just berating the shit out of a teenage girl who messed up his order of soylattefrappamacchiatohorsesemen. Dude was almost yelling at the little girl who was visibly cowering. So I walked over grabbed him by the lapel and told him that if he uttered one more word from his vile suckhole, that I would break his jaw and rape him. Then I gave him five bucks for his coffee, and told him to fuck off and leave. He did threatening to sue me and call the cops. Pussy....

Not exactly de-escalation or deterence I know, but I get sick of seeing people do this shit without consequences. If bad behavior put more people in casts and on crutches they'd probably think twice before showing their ass.

I was feeling kinda' rapey that day too....

OT, but I love that story.

I was feeling kinda' rapey that day too....
    Its fuckin awesome. I told my son after he finishes cecils class he going to yours. After that story Im not sure if hes excited or not 😂
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    We've got a thread about that... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....onal-Beat-Down
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Name:  Hayes2.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  31.0 KB

This knife is one of those feel good stories. It was made by ABS master smith Wally Hayes, up in Canada. When I first contacted him from an ad in Blade or Tactical Knives, I told him that I wanted to purchase a neck knife from him that I could use on and off the job. He had a simple neck knife he was offering at the time...relatively inexpensive but from stainless, not his forged steel.

Anyway, a short time later he gets in touch with me and asks me if I would mind if he just made something up for me. Considering that I had no knives at that juncture from a master smith, I thought I should just say yes, and then keep my trap shut.

A few weeks later I get this knife in the post and I was flabbergasted. I paid what would have been the price of the simple stainless knife and got instead a hand forged and file worked damascus blade from a master smith with a reputation for working with Canadian law enforcement officers and agencies. (Much like Dan Winkler does here on this side of the border. I have his work as well.) He added the traditional Japanese style wrap and ray skin on his own.

Anytime I'd run into Wally at the Guild or Blade Shows it was always a pleasure spending some time with him and telling him how much his kindness meant to me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That is beautiful. Really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Name:  Hayes2.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  31.0 KB

This knife is one of those feel good stories. It was made by ABS master smith Wally Hayes, up in Canada. When I first contacted him from an ad in Blade or Tactical Knives, I told him that I wanted to purchase a neck knife from him that I could use on and off the job. He had a simple neck knife he was offering at the time...relatively inexpensive but from stainless, not his forged steel.

Anyway, a short time later he gets in touch with me and asks me if I would mind if he just made something up for me. Considering that I had no knives at that juncture from a master smith, I thought I should just say yes, and then keep my trap shut.

A few weeks later I get this knife in the post and I was flabbergasted. I paid what would have been the price of the simple stainless knife and got instead a hand forged and file worked damascus blade from a master smith with a reputation for working with Canadian law enforcement officers and agencies. (Much like Dan Winkler does here on this side of the border. I have his work as well.) He added the traditional Japanese style wrap and ray skin on his own.

Anytime I'd run into Wally at the Guild or Blade Shows it was always a pleasure spending some time with him and telling him how much his kindness meant to me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List