Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Joe Watson Kwaiken....a birthday present from the wife.

It's impractical in so many ways for an edc/defensive blade compared to my custom special circumstances PD or the clinch picks I regularly carry and train with......yet I love this thing and I felt like a bit player in a bad 80s yakuza movie carrying it IWB in a suit yesterday.

Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  58.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post

It's impractical in so many ways for an edc/defensive blade compared to my custom special circumstances PD or the clinch picks I regularly carry and train with......yet I love this thing and I felt like a bit player in a bad 80s yakuza movie carrying it IWB in a suit yesterday.

I totally understand and agree with you 110%. The Martial Art geek inside me just responds to that style of blade more than any other. I have a couple of those that I look for ways to carry as often as feasible (which is close to never), and I would love to be able to justify it.

What revolvers are to Darryl, the Japanese blades are to me.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Ban Tang Disciple, that I've had for about a year and never carry. It's a work of art but I'll probably move it along soon for something more utility oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post

Beautiful knife.

I have a couple of older Watson Kwaikens (straight spine as opposed to slightly curved like yours) and, on top of being actually practical every day knife, they are a lot more capable defensively, with similar techniques to let's say a CP, than one would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post

Ban Tang Disciple, that I've had for about a year and never carry. It's a work of art but I'll probably move it along soon for something more utility oriented.
    Much like! I wish I could get my hands on one of those. I adore my CP but I think a slightly longer blade and grip would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Much like! I wish I could get my hands on one of those. I adore my CP but I think a slightly longer blade and grip would be sweet.
    Agreed. I quite like the CP but I'd love to strap that BT on every mornin'.
    Last edited by Holmes375; 10-20-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Agreed. I quite like the CP but I'd love to strap that BT on every mornin'.
    Ban's craftsmanship really is crazy good.
    Crappy pic of the edge, but you could shave with it or in it the polish is so nice. Which is kind of the problem- I get all nervous about carrying really nice stuff.

Keep thinking about moving it for something like a Watson Magni. Should probably hurry up before the production Disciples hit sometime Soon™ 😉

The latest from American Kami. Bruja B9S. Solid titanium. Even shaves hair with a little effort (which I've had many tell me wasn't possible with a titanium blade). Really like it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

The latest from American Kami. Bruja B9S. Solid titanium. Even shaves hair with a little effort (which I've had many tell me wasn't possible with a titanium blade). Really like it so far.

Cool. Did it come with scales?

Cool. Did it come with scales?
    No. DJ sends them like this so you can do what you like with them.

User Tag List