Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm not sure it will work. I just tried clicking on it and it does seem to. Just share this one:

Link cut because I pasted it into a text.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    It will be specifically for defensive purposes, especially in NPE environments. I have been leaning toward the CP, but I'm going to need to move some extra HK P2000 accessories to buy it.

I think the Obake looks like a nice option, too. Similar to the Secret Edge, I don't necessarily like the lack of a finger choil/jimping.
    I'd use the Obake in forward grip only for work cutting (though a properly done cord wrap is plenty sticky) and reverse grip only for defense with the thumb on top of the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think the production Clinch Pick is worth the small price increase and it, IMHO, works better in a greater variety of environments than most of the others listed.
    Agreed. I'm going to go with the CP.

I think I'll be coming to you for a clip sheath, so I can have it when I go for a run, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I'd use the Obake in forward grip only for work cutting (though a properly done cord wrap is plenty sticky) and reverse grip only for defense with the thumb on top of the butt.
    I really appreciate your input; reinforced the decision for a CP.

You're getting a good knife :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Agreed. I'm going to go with the CP.

I think I'll be coming to you for a clip sheath, so I can have it when I go for a run, etc.

I really appreciate your input; reinforced the decision for a CP.
    Good choice - and you'll love his sheath.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Totally go with the sheath as well. I have one. It changed the knife for me.

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Totally go with the sheath as well. I have one. It changed the knife for me.

Placed my order on Amazon for the CP. I will be picking up the clip holster from Tom soon, but my little guy just arrived earlier this week, so watching my hobby spending for the time being.

Obake
    Want....
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Seeing the Obake reminded me of a couple of custom knives I have had in my collection for several years:

Al Polkowski:

My first forged blade by an ABS master smith, Wally Hayes:

(Old, low res images but you get the idea. I like knives.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have a couple of the limited edition Obake's from Blade HQ with the non-acid etched blade and orange synthetic rayskin. I like them a lot and find the nylon wrapped handle a lot more secure than I expected.

Attachment 10012
    its cuz their orange...right
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List