Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

hmmmm
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I sent the guys at Warrior's Way an email a couple of months ago and asked about the possibility of getting a RAT with the edge ground on the other side, sort of a reverse edge RAT, like this:

Attachment 9180

I never heard back from them. I guess they didn't think it was a good idea.
    I had to look at that twice...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've already got a CP and trainer otherwise I'd be all over that Amazon thing.

Is there any final verdict on the Sentinel Mk III? The ones on their website look more, ah, polished, than the ones people got in the group buy.

I sent the guys at Warrior's Way an email a couple of months ago and asked about the possibility of getting a RAT with the edge ground on the other side, sort of a reverse edge RAT, like this:

Attachment 9180

Neat idea, though I'm not sure it works best with that design. You kinda lose the ripping quality by keeping that rounded geometry, and it makes it tougher to use that edge for light cutting work. It should still penetrate easily though. Personally, when I've wanted edge-in with that knife (in reverse grip) I just turned the grip around in my hand; it doesn't have the best feel but it's quite doable.

Still, if you ever get it made, I'd like to hear how it works out for you :-)

Attachment 9180

I actually like the RAT quite a bit as is. I think if you want an inner edge blade you should go with something built specifically for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I actually like the RAT quite a bit as is. I think if you want an inner edge blade you should go with something built specifically for that.
    Something like this? :-)

Name:  Watson gen 2 Pikal.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  65.2 KB

Yeah, when I sent them the email. I said I'd understand if they didn't want to do it. I'm certainly no expert (I doubt I'd even qualify as a novice). I'd probably not respond to stupid requests either.
    Tom - Sentinel Knives - Mk3 P’kal - http://www.sentinelconcealmentgear.com/#!blades/cqiw

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Something like this? :-)

Name:  Watson gen 2 Pikal.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  65.2 KB
    Yup! Maybe dress it up with a little bit of stabilized Walnut if you want something really pimpin'.....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Yup! Maybe dress it up with a little bit of stabilized Walnut if you want something really pimpin'.....
    So like that?

Name:  DE Watson pikal.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  48.2 KB
    From Joe Watson's Facebook page

Yes, I'm trying to promote his stuff; no, I don't have any financial interest in his work outside of buying more of his great blades. :-)

I'm pretty sure he was referring to one of his own posts from a couple pages back:
    I know :-)

User Tag List