Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Saving my pennies for a nice custom and until then this China Pick gets the call. Mr. Watson did a fabulous job of re-grinding the blade and re-shaping the grip. The Dark Star sheath is even more compact and efficient than the version I made. Very happy with the pair.
    If you get a chance could you post another pic showing the width of the handle after the grip work?
    I've thought I might like some texture added to mine, but not sure how much of the "egg" it takes away.

Saving my pennies for a nice custom and until then this China Pick gets the call. Mr. Watson did a fabulous job of re-grinding the blade and re-shaping the grip. The Dark Star sheath is even more compact and efficient than the version I made. Very happy with the pair.
    Can you elaborate on the regrind? What did he re-grind and for what purpose? Genuinely interested.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here you go:
    Thanks. Not much of a reduction, which is good I think.

Cecil, What is that small light with pocket shield and clinch pick?

The re-grind changes the blade to a deep hollow grind. Easy to maintain an edge without re-profiling. The knife's slash is just incredible now. I can carve an 'S' through a sheet of newspaper without a snag. Took it a friend's processing business where we played with some limbs wrapped in standard Carhartt material. I sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of this knife. The edge seems to be holding up quite well but I haven't abused it on bone.

I still drool over the customs and I plan to have one in the future but these mods to my Clinch Pick have made an economical production knife a little more effective in its intended role. The blade change has also made me appreciate the Dark Star sheath even more as its easier to draw and re-holster the knife without running the the edge against the Kydex with his design. The grip work, blade work and sheath cost about the same as the knife did originally but I'd surely do it all again.

*The knife tip appears blunt in the picture but its actually embedded in the cedar fence slat to keep it positioned
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Thanks. Not much of a reduction, which is good I think.
    Agreed. I have large hands and it works well for me. My only regret is not having sent my trainer in for a similar grip job. Don't know what I was thinkin'

Agreed. I have large hands and it works well for me. My only regret is not having sent my trainer in for a similar grip job. Don't know what I was thinkin'
    D'oh 😀
    I'll have to keep an eye out if he ever opens back up for CP mods, or get it done somewhere else.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Cecil, What is that small light with pocket shield and clinch pick?
    It is a sadly discontinued Quark Tactical. I was fortunate to buy two of them, but I am sad they are no longer available. They were a perfect light for my needs.

Here:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/4sevens-...-w-o-clip.html
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 06-23-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Thank you. Looked like exactly what I was looking for. Too bad.

User Tag List