Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

That's rich
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    And the downside of that is?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    lol that site has a Nutnfancy hall of fame.

What about "the bob" is anyone using that?
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

I've been looking at Joe Watson Knives. What is HiTS?

-"Flat chisel grind with reinforced point. The point is reinforced to resist breakage when penetrating dense barriers, while the main bevel is ground lean for exceptional cutting performance."

What is a dense barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post

-"Flat chisel grind with reinforced point. The point is reinforced to resist breakage when penetrating dense barriers, while the main bevel is ground lean for exceptional cutting performance."

What is a dense barrier?
    You'll find your best explanation here.

It's the article that convinced me to try it out.

What is your budget? What knife training do you have? These two factors will help determine best options for you.
    The Gryphon M10 knife is good.
    The Gerber Guardian is a cheap alternative, better with a Bladerigs sheath.
    The Spyderco original Street Beat with custom sheath from Rich at Concealed Carry Concepts is a great utility/fighting package.
    The Dynamis Alliance Blade made by Dan Winkler is the BEST all around fighting knife/sheath system I have found.

I carry off-side at the 9-10:00 o'clock position, edge forward.

Sheath selections are just as important as the blade itself.

FYI: Chisel grinds, recurve grinds, etc... are not optimal. A properly flat ground blade will cut much better and is more useful.
    Last edited by DI1; 05-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post

What is a dense barrier?
    Sorry, missed the thread. During my career as a cop, I saw a lot of stabbing victims. The one thing that struck was the folks who were put down the hardest were those who were stabbed with deep penetration injuries rather than those who were cut. I also saw that a lot of the penetration injuries were prevented by things like clothing, hard objects like belt buckles or other barriers, and bone. Having a reinforced tip helps get through these things into where large blood moving vessels are. The way the Hits is designed, it also allows for a thinner cutting edge that helps making cuts more efficient.

Hope this helps.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    You'll find your best explanation here.

It's the article that convinced me to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    What is your budget? Whatever it takes
    What knife training do you have? Zilch These two factors will help determine best options for you.
    The Gryphon M10 knife is good.
    The Gerber Guardian is a cheap alternative, better with a Bladerigs sheath.
    The Spyderco original Street Beat with custom sheath from Rich at Concealed Carry Concepts is a great utility/fighting package.
    The Dynamis Alliance Blade made by Dan Winkler is the BEST all around fighting knife/sheath system I have found.
    Thanks for the input

I carry off-side at the 9-10:00 o'clock position, edge forward.

Sheath selections are just as important as the blade itself.

FYI: Chisel grinds, recurve grinds, etc... are not optimal. A properly flat ground blade will cut much better and is more useful.

So this is almost in opposite of philosophy of the weapon choice to Clinch Pick? As far as length of the blade?

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Sorry, missed the thread. During my career as a cop, I saw a lot of stabbing victims. The one thing that struck was the folks who were put down the hardest were those who were stabbed with deep penetration injuries rather than those who were cut. I also saw that a lot of the penetration injuries were prevented by things like clothing, hard objects like belt buckles or other barriers, and bone. Having a reinforced tip helps get through these things into where large blood moving vessels are. The way the Hits is designed, it also allows for a thinner cutting edge that helps making cuts more efficient.

Hope this helps.

User Tag List