Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

No, I haven't done a review on the moduloader, however I do use it every day in the configuration that you see. I like that it keeps everything in the orientation that is easy for me to access. I can reach into my pocket and remove the flashlight or mini Grip without having to remove the Silent Soldier. I have the Silent Soldier set so I slip my finger into the second hole and it becomes kind of a punch knife so to speak. I am considering running a second Silent Soldier in the opposite pocket for weak hand access.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Have you done a review on the moduloader?
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 05-05-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Is the angle set on that sheath or can it be adjusted?
    It can be adjusted. I have read that the CP is best suited for a downward 45degree angle deployment and I have found that to be true.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Have you done a review on the moduloader?
    Here's a PF thread on the RCS / Chris Fry Pocket Shield: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Pocket-Shield
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Joe Watson HiTS carried near horizontally left of the belt buckle. The sheath is the one provided with the knife.

I've tried the Ban Tang Clinch Pick in the same position as shown in the previous post and it's great for pure self defense but the knife isn't as useful for more utilitarian tasks. I've also tried the Watson Mini Bowie Ti, the Watson Stealth HiTS, The Ban Tang Disciple, the Spyderco Street beat, the Emerson fixed Karambit and the Watson Pikal but I keep coming back to the regular full size HiTS.

The placement allows me to have access to the knife weak hand (reverse grip, edge in or out) and strong hand (forward and reverse grip, edge in or out).

Do you wear something baggy over them? I was looking into a clinch pick. When my wife saw the pictures she said "if I saw you carrying that on your belt on a normal day I would assume you were a serial killer." Unfortunately concealed "weapons" (there is no consistent definition of when a knife becomes a weapon) are illegal in Ohio.

If it's cold then a sweater, if hot a polo (generally Vertx).

I carry AIWB so I always wear something untucked in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    It can be adjusted. I have read that the CP is best suited for a downward 45degree angle deployment and I have found that to be true.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Here's a PF thread on the RCS / Chris Fry Pocket Shield: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Pocket-Shield
    Thanks, I'll check that out later

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Joe Watson HiTS carried near horizontally left of the belt buckle. The sheath is the one provided with the knife.

I've tried the Ban Tang Clinch Pick in the same position as shown in the previous post and it's great for pure self defense but the knife isn't as useful for more utilitarian tasks. I've also tried the Watson Mini Bowie Ti, the Watson Stealth HiTS, The Ban Tang Disciple, the Spyderco Street beat, the Emerson fixed Karambit and the Watson Pikal but I keep coming back to the regular full size HiTS.

The placement allows me to have access to the knife weak hand (reverse grip, edge in or out) and strong hand (forward and reverse grip, edge in or out).
    Those are some wicked looking knives. Almost everything is out of stock. I take that to be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I was looking into a clinch pick. When my wife saw the pictures she said "if I saw you carrying that on your belt on a normal day I would assume you were a serial killer."
    And the downside of that is?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Those are some wicked looking knives. Almost everything is out of stock. I take that to be a good sign.
    You can get yourself on Watson's list by emailing him and having the knife you want in the subject line.

You can also go to Edge Equipped: http://www.edgeequipped.com/brands/J...on-Knives.html

or Blue Line Gear: http://www.bluelinegear.com/shop-bra...-Watson-Knives

I don't know if either of those shops actually have the knives in stock or are awaiting delivery but you won't go wrong ordering from them.

EXCELLENT! Exactly The info I am looking for. THANK YOU What knife is that?
    It's the Gryphon M10.
    http://jerkingthetrigger.com/tag/gryphon-knives/

User Tag List