Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post
    There is a new blade that is very close to the Rat now.

Produced by Sentinel Gear with a few modifications. Sentinel Gear MK III

I should have one by the end of the week. Will post pics.

I also have the Rat blade. AUS 8 isn't really holding up to daily cutting. I'm regulating the blade to self defense now instead of cutting rope/ random stuff.

Just received my Joe Watson Magni in CPM 154, jap wrap. So far, it's amazing. Built like a freaking tank.

Jap wrap is soaked in resin making it nice and stiff and very grippy. Enlarged pommel really helps for thumbcaps and assists from the draw.
    I love the Watson Jap Wrap, I'm thinking of sending some knives to him, but he hasn't returned any emails...
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Pertaining to the Sentinel Gear blade -

He will do a dagger grind for 20.00 more, just FYI. I think its priced very well.
    Last edited by Sadmin; 09-28-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This will be my first, been on his mailing list for a while and have been waiting for something like this. Patience paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmin View Post
    Pertaining to the Sentinel Gear blade -

He will do a dagger grind for 20.00 more, just FYI. I think its priced very well.
    I agree. Granted 1095 is very common carbon steel. Im curious to see how his heat treat goes.

It says a lot about the knife maker. But based on his Instagram posts, he knows a lot and know how to use blades...

Tree Octopus- I had a rather tough time reaching him at his yahoo email. I did reach out to him on Facebook and posted on his wall. He answered my emails after that...

Site Supporter
    My Watson Magni Ti should be here any day now. That Sentinel blade look's promising as well.

Site Supporter

I'll second that, I got a three finger a few months ago and was impressed, looking forward to getting an RD.

Site Supporter
    Emailed Sentinel, they do a trainer for the MKIII for an extra $50, seem's like a decent set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Emailed Sentinel, they do a trainer for the MKIII for an extra $50, seem's like a decent set up.
    thats not too Shabby....

Official ccw and trainer of PF group buy?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You guy can, of course, group together and buy whatever you want, but the only knife/trainer combo I'd have PF "officially" endorse is the Clinch Pick. While I'm absolutely nobody in the knife world, I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the Clinch Pick is the best purpose designed tool I've ever encountered.
    CP is hands down of my favorite EDC blades. Of course, it is relegated purely for self defense. Definitely not a blade you would use to cut boxes or everyday items. My only gripe about the CP is the design, it only allows me to grip it two ways. Blade down or up. With other blades like the Rat or JW HITS/Magni, there is a lot more flexibilty.

Other than that, its a freaking wicked self defense blade!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    thats not too Shabby....

I'll speak to the owner, Matt and see what he thinks about it! Stay tuned for updates...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    thats not too Shabby....

I'd buy a live blade.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List